*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
wont let the darkness swallow me

Comments

• jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,945
    Nice!....and about time Goose got their own thread :sunglasses:
  • JedJed Posts: 1,181
    Going to see them tonight for the second time. My first show was at Ohana last year and they were amazing!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    Dripfield is a phenomenal album but I can't do the heavy jam thing. Saw them play a tight hour at Newport Folk Fest a couple years ago and it was perfect. Have subsequently seen them live and via a couple live streams but just can't do it.
  • vitodacat said:
    Peter from Goose rockin the PJ shirt tonight at the Cap

I've heard Goose is great. A cousin gave me a heads up about the PJ shirt and the shows. I couldn't make them. He went Wednesday night, said Vampire Weekend showed up for a couple of songs, and apparently one of the songs was 31 minutes lol.
    May your days be long, til kingdom come.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,850
    I was able to catch parts of each night on the livestream. Great shows. Preferred night 4 the best. 
    Vampire Weekend was cool. The first song with them didn’t hit, but yes they played a 30 minute Cape Cod Kwassa and it was cool. 
  • vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 475
    I was able to catch parts of each night on the livestream. Great shows. Preferred night 4 the best. 
    Vampire Weekend was cool. The first song with them didn’t hit, but yes they played a 30 minute Cape Cod Kwassa and it was cool. 
    I made three of the four shows.  Impossible for me to rank them.  All were phenomenal 

Member # 0003

jjflash said:
    Nice!....and about time Goose got their own thread :sunglasses:
    HAHA  Yep !!!

Member # 0003

pjl44 said:
    Dripfield is a phenomenal album but I can't do the heavy jam thing. Saw them play a tight hour at Newport Folk Fest a couple years ago and it was perfect. Have subsequently seen them live and via a couple live streams but just can't do it.
    I get it.  They're not for everyone.  I was totally out of my jam band phase for years, but these guys are so good.  If you don't love the heavy jam thing, I recommend checking out Orebolo.  It's three members of Goose acoustic, mostly Goose songs plus some covers.  Not many long heavy jams, more cut down versions.  

Member # 0003

vitodacat said:
    pjl44 said:
    I get it.  They're not for everyone.  I was totally out of my jam band phase for years, but these guys are so good.  If you don't love the heavy jam thing, I recommend checking out Orebolo.  It's three members of Goose acoustic, mostly Goose songs plus some covers.  Not many long heavy jams, more cut down versions.  
    Orebolo is very good but I'm a greedy pig who wants to hear those songs with modest jamming at most and full amplification. If they were structurally more like My Morning Jacket I'd be in heaven.
    vitodacat said:
    I made three of the four shows.  Impossible for me to rank them.  All were phenomenal 
    Wow. That’s great. Judging from the streams, they are in full swing already
    They knocked all of this out in an hour and I've been chasing that dragon ever since 

pjl44 said:
    vitodacat said:
    pjl44 said:
    Orebolo is very good but I'm a greedy pig who wants to hear those songs with modest jamming at most and full amplification. If they were structurally more like My Morning Jacket I'd be in heaven.
    MMJ is the perfect in between jam wise of PJ and Goose.   Guess that’s why PJ, Goose, MMJ are my three favorite bands 

Member # 0003

vitodacat said:
    pjl44 said:
    vitodacat said:
    pjl44 said:
    MMJ is the perfect in between jam wise of PJ and Goose.   Guess that’s why PJ, Goose, MMJ are my three favorite bands 
    That's so funny. When I went to the first One Big Holiday the way I described it was "where the Phish fans and Pearl Jam fans finally meet." 
    vitodacat said:
    pjl44 said:
    ^^^Nice trifecta of bands! 
    Last weekend my wife and I caught the second of the three night run in ATL at The Fox. Great show, high energy, solid setlist. Excited to watch firsthand how they're melding Cotter into the mix - dude can flat-out chug on the kit. A highlight from the show was sitting a few seats down from a fellow PJ fan who was sporting a hat from this year's tour and his ticket buddy who's seen PJ 80+ times. Always good to cross paths with fellow PJ fans.

Here's another picture of Peter wearing the same PJ shirt earlier this month at a show in Colorado :sunglasses:

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,987
    There's currently an article about Goose and jam bands in The Atlantic.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,214
    The next wave of jambands has arrived.  Goose is good!
    The Philly show was incredible. Listening again on Bandcamp. 
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,881

some of my friends posted on social media that they were there as well. I should listen to more of their stuff I suppose.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

some of my friends posted on social media that they were there as well. I should listen to more of their stuff I suppose.
    Listen to the live stuff instead of album cuts. If you go to band camp app, pretty much every show is on there. Give the 6/11 Kansas show a shot or any on the Capitol Theatre Port Chester shows from April. Or, just listen to the recent Philly one. They were on fire 
    If you're into jam bands, listen to the live shows on Bandcamp.

If you're not into jam bands (me), listen to the Dripfield record. Fantastic album!
    pjl44 said:
    If you're into jam bands, listen to the live shows on Bandcamp.

If you're not into jam bands (me), listen to the Dripfield record. Fantastic album!
    Dripfield is a great record. Not a huge jam band person myself but something about goose