does wine come with this cheese?

the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/150839/

it seems silly to me to try and manufacture someones soul like this pedal comes off as doing.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the unseen wrote:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/150839/

it seems silly to me to try and manufacture someones soul like this pedal comes off as doing.....

Ha I knew what it was before I opened the link.

Have you seen the new Prince like (Inferno) guitar that they are selling?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    no,is it along the same concept as this pedal?
    the unseen wrote:
    no,is it along the same concept as this pedal?

no, it's a conventional guitar with electronics set up LP style, but the body is this Flames/Fire concept. I'll try to find it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/511890/
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    ahahahaa

i found it in the latest cataloge...

it looks like a alien invader from a 1950's sci fi movie or something kirk battled on the enterprise......

i AM curious as to what the custom case looks like.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i bet those digitechs have some useable sounds in them but the marketing prevents me from doing anything but laughing at them.
    exhausted wrote:
    i bet those digitechs have some useable sounds in them but the marketing prevents me from doing anything but laughing at them.

yeah, the little digiverb I have is great. I don't doubt some sounds are cool although processed sounding.

now the guitar.....that is you man. You know how you always say that the BC Rich's and Jacksons aren't X-treme enough for you :D
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Thats looks like a cool novelty pedal to just fool around with for fun.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, the little digiverb I have is great. I don't doubt some sounds are cool although processed sounding.

now the guitar.....that is you man. You know how you always say that the BC Rich's and Jacksons aren't X-treme enough for you :D

their regular line is a-ok. it's the clapton and hendrix pedal marketing i hate.
    exhausted wrote:
    their regular line is a-ok. it's the clapton and hendrix pedal marketing i hate.

yeah, I whole heartedly agree. They built on the success of that Dan Donnegan "The Weapon" pedal kind of made thier marketing gurus go nuts.

honestly, I wish they wouldn't try so hard. It kind of has a cheap stench to it that makes me turn away.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    honestly, I wish they wouldn't try so hard. It kind of has a cheap stench to it that makes me turn away.

that's exactly it. you kinda want to vote against them with dollars going to someone else just to smarten them up.
    exhausted wrote:
    that's exactly it. you kinda want to vote against them with dollars going to someone else just to smarten them up.

yeah, Dave Fox's CC2 is 400 bucks granted, and about the closest thing you'll get to Hendrix in a box, but he didn't paint it purple and sell it with pink scarfs and a fake afro.

Though I have always wanted an afro.....
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    yeah, Dave Fox's CC2 is 400 bucks granted, and about the closest thing you'll get to Hendrix in a box, but he didn't paint it purple and sell it with pink scarfs and a fake afro.

Though I have always wanted an afro.....

someday i'll buy a zim and sell my HAOs. once he has circuit cards i want. just because he's a lefty.
    exhausted wrote:
    someday i'll buy a zim and sell my HAOs. once he has circuit cards i want. just because he's a lefty.

FYI, USA custom guitars builds lefties at no extra cost if you ever get that urge again.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    FYI, USA custom guitars builds lefties at no extra cost if you ever get that urge again.

i searched and searched to see if they did and couldn't find it. that's good to know. the shaguire is tempting someday.
    exhausted wrote:
    i searched and searched to see if they did and couldn't find it. that's good to know. the shaguire is tempting someday.

{For you "lefties" out there (and we know who you are!) we offer all of our bodies in a left handed version at no additional charge. }

from the features section.
  • Here's what I want to do for my next one!

http://www.deweydecibel.com/F-out_pages/Lit_Cigarette.html
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

that is so fucked up!!!

paco, i realized i'd never find a left handed jag tremolo. i'd have to use a righty. not a critical problem i suppose.
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    Here's what I want to do for my next one!

i wonder how that would play. and i cant decide whether i think its badass or just horrible.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I've heard that they actually sound really accurate...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/150837/

But I agree, why buy somebody's sound in a box... it's like when celebrities decide to release their own perfume/cologne... how lame was that, Michael Jordan?
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.