Options

The Comprehensive Guide on How to Win F2F Tickets - WIP

PhartNPhartN MD Posts: 207
edited April 3 in Given To Fly (live)
Happy Upgrades to all out there playing the game, and to those just trying to get in the room!

I figured it might be helpful to some of you out there to post a how to on winning F2F tickets during the F2F resale that just started.  By no means is this a fool proof method, or a promise that you'll get the tix you want.  In fact, its likely you'll lose 3 times as many as you win.  I have already lost upwards of 10 tries this tour :)  That said I have already gotten a ticket to  Seattle show and have another that a friend got one as well!  So things are looking up!

Please note, that this takes dedication and time, you'll need to be refreshing almost constantly to beat the big boys that do this for fun, you know who you are, lol!

I will make some edits to this I am sure but this is a first go.

Edit 1:  This is for PC, NOT Mobile.  I prefer the PC experience and know the clicks a little better, so that works best for me.

Good Luck!!!

--Begin Tutorial--

- Navigate to the show you want to attend on the TM site by clicking on “Find Tickets” (see below pic)

- That will take you to the chosen venue landing page for ticket selection
     -You will see the following important information (see below pic)
          -The “What you need to know” window, with the “Got It” button (#1)
          -The lowest priced tickets available for that venue, should be between $170 and $200-ish depending on venue (#2)
          - The seat list for the chosen quantity that defaults to 2 usually, you want to see “Face Value Ticket Exchange”, this is F2F (#3)
- DO NOT click the “Got it” button yet!
     - Check to see if F2F tickets are even available
          - By looking at the lowest price, should be between $170 and $200-ish depending on venue (#2)
          - By looking at the available seat options to see if F2F seats are showing, notice it says Face Value Ticket Exchange, this is F2F (#3)

- If there are no F2F tickets available, hit refresh and start over

- Again, no need to hit the “Got it” button until you see the right price point/F2F, just hit refresh to refresh the ticket queue until you see the F2F price points

- So far those price points have been between $180 and $200-ish for single tickets, anything more is either PJ Premium, or some asshat bought the jacked up tickets early and is trying to offload now

- If you see the low price point, but not the ticket option in the ticket list, then it is likely that the lowest F2F ticket is not in the selected/default ticket number, usually 2.

- If that’s the case, you’ll have to click “got it” and then drop down to the correct ticket allotment to show the lowest F2F price (see pic below)

·         

- Once you see the tickets you want are available (F2F or low price point), THEN you click the “Got it” Button, once you click got it, you’ll be in “the game” for real, congrats, you’re a real PJ fan now, playing the F2F game!  Welcome to the show!

- Once you click got it, you’ll see the below layout (see pic below)

- Seat map for your venue (#1)

- Ticket List for venue (#2)

- Notice the F2F price point and the “Face Value Exchange Ticket” designation, that’s what you’re going for

- From here, youll select the tickets you want from the list (see below pic)

- If the tickets are already gone, youll see the below error message (see pic below)

- If this happens, hit refresh and start over

- Once you select the correct ticket, and if it is still available at the time you select it you'll see the below in the sidebar of the page (see pic below)

-You'll see the tickets to clicked on (#1)

- You'll see the next button (#2)

- DO NOT SELECT PJ PREMIUM, these are not the correct ticket, only F2F tickets are the correct t tickets

- When ready, click the “Next” Button

- Once you click the “Next” Button, you’ll see the below landing page.

- From here on out, speed is of the essence, you need to know all your clicks and number so you can get the ticket you selected, as it is still not yours until the purchase is complete.

- Immediately click Got it (see below pic)

- Once you click this “Got it” Button, you’ll see the below page (see below pic)

- In this order, click/enter the following, QUICKLY

- Your CC Pin # (#1)

- Select your insurance preference (#2)

- I choose no (you do you though)

- Click that you agree to the terms (#3)

- Click “Place Order” (#4)

- If you win the tickets, it will tell you congrats and you'll have them in your account!

- Woop!  You're seeing PJ!

- Go check your account to ensure they are showing in your shows list

- If you lose the tickets, youll get an error alert

- If you get this, hit refresh and start over

Good Luck Out there!

1995: New Orleans, LA
2006: Washington, D.C.
2008: Washington, D.C.
2010: Bristow, VA
2013: Baltimore, MD
2016: Hampton, VA
2020: Baltimore, MD
2023: Noblesville, IN TBD
Post edited by PhartN on

Comments

• Options
    jareds941jareds941 Posts: 37
    You can simply toggle between "Lowest Price" and "Best Seats" instead of doing a full page refresh 
    1. The Gorge (2005) 2. The Gorge (2006) 3. The Gorge (2006) 4. Ridgefield (2009) 5. Portland (2013) 6. Spokane (2013) 7. Seattle (2018) 8. Missoula (2018)
  • Options
    edited April 3
    jareds941 said:
    You can simply toggle between "Lowest Price" and "Best Seats" instead of doing a full page refresh 
    Last year, that did not work for me, you HAD to refresh the page as changing the seat allocation did not refresh all the new drops as quickly, or at all in some cases..  Also, this is on PC not Mobile.  It may be a little different on Mobile, I prefer PC.
    Post edited by PhartN on
  • Options
    jareds941 said:
    Also, I find just clicking the refresh button is a little faster...YMMV
  • Options
    jareds941jareds941 Posts: 37
    there is no pop-up to deal with with you toggle those options. Not on mobile. But yeah, whatever works best for you! 
    1. The Gorge (2005) 2. The Gorge (2006) 3. The Gorge (2006) 4. Ridgefield (2009) 5. Portland (2013) 6. Spokane (2013) 7. Seattle (2018) 8. Missoula (2018)
  • Options
    jareds941 said:
    there is no pop-up to deal with with you toggle those options. Not on mobile. But yeah, whatever works best for you! 
    I dont deal with the pop up unless i see that there are F2F available, then is a quick click...otherwise, just constant refresh.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    thank you, very helpful
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?