guild

the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
does anyone know when fender bought them?

also,how long was production continued in the old guild factories before fender started changing the operation?

arent some guild products made in mexico now,instead of cali or rhode island?

thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    the unseen wrote:
    does anyone know when fender bought them?

also,how long was production continued in the old guild factories before fender started changing the operation?

arent some guild products made in mexico now,instead of cali or rhode island?

thanks

Oh I think that was around 5 years ago maybe 6. I think around 99 or 2000.

If some guilds are made in Mexico it would be in Ensenada, and that's a fantastic factory down there. State of the art.

The older guilds are still the best though, especially when they've aged 20 years or so. Their 12 strings are phenominal.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • thanks.

i'm wanting to check out their arch top X170 manhatten.

i'm thinking the range i want to spend would put me into an ES-175 made around when they were owned by AMF,not sure i wanna go there,so i'm looking into other manufacturers.

i dont think guild is currently making these,i couldint find it listed in the current price guide.

but those benedetto models are sharp as hell......10 grand on up.
    the unseen wrote:
    thanks.

i'm wanting to check out their arch top X170 manhatten.

i'm thinking the range i want to spend would put me into an ES-175 made around when they were owned by AMF,not sure i wanna go there,so i'm looking into other manufacturers.

i dont think guild is currently making these,i couldint find it listed in the current price guide.

but those benedetto models are sharp as hell......10 grand on up.

you looking for a good Jazzbox Eh? becareful stepping into the realm of Electrics my friend. It's addictive.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • yea,i know..........i have a roomfull of basses,amps and effects,now it's time to see how the other side lives.

i would think a jazzer will keep me limited as to what i can get into......keep it simple.

i wasnt planning on getting anything for a good while,but after soaking in that box set,100 years of jazz guitar,i'm feeling the bug to get some of those sounds.
    the unseen wrote:
    yea,i know..........i have a roomfull of basses,amps and effects,now it's time to see how the other side lives.

i would think a jazzer will keep me limited as to what i can get into......keep it simple.

i wasnt planning on getting anything for a good while,but after soaking in that box set,100 years of jazz guitar,i'm feeling the bug to get some of those sounds.

ah this should be of interest too.

http://www.epiphone.com/elitist/byrdland.htm
  • actually,i think the broadway is more what i want........it looks like it has a deeper body.

thanks for that link,i didnt know about the elitist series.

up untill this past weekend,i had been close to getting a joe pass epi,but by the time i would have invested in upgrades i figured i could have waited a few more weeks and got the real deal.

if i read the details on both the byrd and the broadway right,no laminates,which seems to be a hard find with arch tops in this price range.

thanks again.

now comes the trick,finding stores with them in stock around here.