crumbled and sputtered
as I added purple dulse,
topped it with balsamic vinegar.

Monday morning music
louder than expected. I could walk
to turn the volume down. I could continue
to compare the sound against the footsteps
in the apartment above.
There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird

Comments

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    tops of buildings
    on the sides of the street direct
    me to the grey sky
    and the flag, somewhere 
    must be a monument 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Speaking of inspiration, and then having it fizzle out . . . I wanted to devote daily time to writing poetry. That didn't happen.

Earlier, I was listening to PJ's Lightening Bolt and I wanted to write poetry. Historically, Pearl Jam songs are what get me to write poetry. They inspire me to write poetry more than most things except exceptionally written novels like The Last Report on the Miracle of Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich. I guess I should listen to more Pearl Jam  =)