replacement bass necks....

the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
hi.

is it possible to get a replacement neck with 24 frets or is everything pretty much fender scale?

thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    have a look at warmoth.com. they do more than fender replacement but i'm not sure of all they have.
  • JoooooshJooooosh Posts: 74
    Bolt-on I assume?
    Go with warmoth, http://www.warmoth.com/bass/necks/necks.cfm
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    thanks.

they dont have what i'm looking for,and are unable to custom make one for me.
  • JoooooshJooooosh Posts: 74
    What brand is it and what exactly are you looking for? Is it just a replacement for your current one or do you want something custom?
    You might have to get a good luthier to build one for you.
    actually,my bass is made from warmoth parts.....

i like the woods alot,but not the neck.the 24 fret neck they do make has a over hang,which i didnt like because i'd have to take the neck off the body to make adjustments to the truss rod.

i had a stage II streamer at one time,and i want a neck similar to that.

i thought it would be cheaper to have a neck made than to start looking for a used warwick or spector.

i have found a late 80's spector i'm trying like hell to talk myself out of,so i could really use some suggestions here.
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Have you tried Danelectro?
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
    puremagic wrote:
    Have you tried Danelectro?

no,i didnt relaize they make replacement parts......i'll check them out though,thanks.

you used to have a spector didnt you....maybe still do?

i remember you posted about a bunch of basses you got in a trade,i was thinking a spector was included in that bunch.

did you like it?