Undone

DB2707DB2707 Posts: 67
I recently stumbled across this song and it is amazing!

Does anyone know the story behind it?  Was it an outtake?

Quite surprising that it never made it on an official album. 

Comments

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,329
    See the "Lost Dogs" liner notes.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Hoping to finally hear it live at the rescheduled Noblesville show in August
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Hoping to finally hear it live at the rescheduled Noblesville show in August
    Great song. We had that request thread going for it last year. I finally got to see it in Fort Worth. Amazing live.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    I Am Mine b-side. Amazing song. How to make Riot Act more perfect? Include this one and Down. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Riot Act had some top-tier B-Sides. Wish this had made the cut. 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,153
    I would’ve easily placed it somewhere on Riot Act ahead of Get Right (sorry Get Right lovers). 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    Riot Act had some top-tier B-Sides. Wish this had made the cut. 
    No surprise that a top tier album had top tier B-Sides. Love this one. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    GlowGirl said:
    Great song. We had that request thread going for it last year. I finally got to see it in Fort Worth. Amazing live.

Yup, the guy who requested it made a great call. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • GlowGirl said:

I truly believe that it would have been played in Noblesville last year had that show happened. Fingers crossed that we get it there in the fall. No way I was giving up my tix for that show.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    edited March 31
    GlowGirl said:

I truly believe that it would have been played in Noblesville last year had that show happened. Fingers crossed that we get it there in the fall. No way I was giving up my tix for that show.
    Ya it was definitely being played at Noblesville. A bunch of us were yelling for it to be played at St Paul and then in Chicago he asked SHZA if he was going to Noblesville. When they postponed the show they played it in TX. 

Sucks for us that missed it but amazing that they played it at all! 
    PJNB said:
    GlowGirl said:

Ya it was definitely being played at Noblesville. A bunch of us were yelling for it to be played at St Paul and then in Chicago he asked SHZA if he was going to Noblesville. When they postponed the show they played it in TX. 

Sucks for us that missed it but amazing that they played it at all! 
    Since I was the one that started the request thread I was glad they played it in Fort Worth so I could see it. I would have been bummed if it was played in Noblesville. After Ed’s response to it in St. Paul I was glad they played it at all. 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,966
    Yep. I was ticked he messed up the dedication. Should have been to you!

Loujoe said:
    Yep. I was ticked he messed up the dedication. Should have been to you!

Aw. Thanks. But it was definitely a group effort to get it played. I am just glad I got to see it. And I was on the rail - so extra special. 
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,803
    Awesome request! My only show that leg was Fort Worth N2! They crushed it! That was a great show.
  • JE224127JE224127 Posts: 443
    I was lucky enough to be in FW2 with my son, he had no clue what a rarity he got. I’m a huge fan but can admit that I don’t know what songs on Lost Dogs line up with what albums but I’m amazed at how many didn’t make it on each record. I guess that’s what makes Lost Dogs special….
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Undone originally appeared on the Australian I am Mine single as a 2nd b-side.  Then it appeared on Lost Dogs.  The versions are different.  On the the Australian single, the guitar solo is a fast, really great distorted solo.  On Lost dogs, the solo is absent and the place where the solo was sounds more like Wishlist-sounding.  If you can find the version on the Australian single, you're in for a treat.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river