Which Dark Matter variant is your favorite?

2»

Comments

• LukinAtULukinAtU Posts: 791
    where are you getting Boston, LA, etc???
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,329
    Loujoe said:
    BF25394 said:
    Loujoe said:
    BF25394 said:
    I came here to vote for the CD, but it's not an option.
    They never sound good on my tt ;) 
    Plus cars don't even have CD players anymore
    *Most* *new* cars don't have CD players. The median age of cars on the road in the U.S. is 12 years old (i.e., half of the cars are 12 years old or older), so most cars in the U.S. actually still do have CD players.
    2001 in the house...has a working tape deck!
    Thread integrity: like the rsd one best
    8-track? :)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • BF25394 said:
    Loujoe said:
    BF25394 said:
    And no matter what I do, I can't get the record to play in my car.
    you need one of these
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,002
    Many years ago I considered buying one of those turntables for my '61 Comet.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,329
    BF25394 said:
    Loujoe said:
    BF25394 said:
    And no matter what I do, I can't get the record to play in my car.
    you need one of these
    There weren't as many potholes in the '60s.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830
    Boston looks great in the pictures and would be my #1, but the photos/videos on social don't seem the same at all.
  • wiscojamwiscojam Posts: 343
    I'm actually quite happy with the 10club variant I purchased way before these variants came out.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    I think the RSD one.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,611
    People will need to note, the RSD one is gonna be one you need to hold up to the light to see the detail. It’s gonna look murky black yellow on the platter. 
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    10C, which is the one I ordered a month plus ago fortunately. As a Mets/Knicks loving resident of NY state I may end up with one of those too.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,109
    edited March 27
    Golf has stuff…
    Spot on. My dad was always giving me a hard time about buying nice stereo equipment & music and I would be like “ok carbon fiber titanium sand wedge” 🙄
    Post edited by bobasfeet on
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    Originally said the RSD one was my favourite, but the Missoula variant is actually the best I think. A lot of these variants are very busy with lots going on, and most of them clash with the colours of the centre labels (which are also very busy). The Missoula one looks very aesthetically pleasing with the centre label that is shown in the picture. 

(Yes I’ve given this too much thought!)

• tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    I liked Vegas for that reason. 

Of the ones available to the UK, I think I'll be going with the clear version. 
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
    matt84 said:
    Originally said the RSD one was my favourite, but the Missoula variant is actually the best I think. A lot of these variants are very busy with lots going on, and most of them clash with the colours of the centre labels (which are also very busy). The Missoula one looks very aesthetically pleasing with the centre label that is shown in the picture. 

(Yes I’ve given this too much thought!)

I almost pulled the trigger on that one.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    They are all so pretty. Tough to pick just one. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    demetrios said:
    They are all so pretty. Tough to pick just one. 
    As evidenced by the amount of people who are tracking down and buying them all. I am not naming names...
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,966
    Someone pointed out rsd one may have to be held up to the light to reveal its brilliance. 
    Someone pointed out rsd one may have to be held up to the light to reveal its brilliance. 
    Loujoe said:
    I think besides 10c red, that is the extra one I am grabbing.
    Is 10 club only one that will come with sticker sheet?
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,002
    Loujoe said:
    Not so sure that will be the case. I have a few records that are pressed on the shimmery gold. It does not need any holding up to the light. They are beautiful sitting on the platter and spinning. IF the RSD is that same material, it won't need holding up to light. 
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    I don't know which is which - with FIFTEEN different versions, I am not even finding the energy to really care.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 284
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't know which is which - with FIFTEEN different versions, I am not even finding the energy to really care.
    This is your loss because there are many great looking ones amongst them.
    I love these different and unique colors.
    There are 14 different versions if I count right.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,156
    Loujoe said:

Oh la la! Can't wait to check that one out on RSD.
    Side question...which one fits the theme of the album the best? I also tend to gravitate to colors that tie into the cover. 

I say RSD, Vegas and black vinyl.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,153
    edited April 2
    RSD one for me. Not sure whether I’ll get one so I’ve locked in the red, white and blue intl one on pre order here in Aus. Not my favourite overall but happy with the Australian flag 🇦🇺 colours. That one is also cheaper than the red black and yellow being offered here as a pre order in Oz. Ten club one is pretty sweet. Overall it’s a good mix of interesting colours. Even standard black fits the theme! 
    FYI RSD vinyl here is just under $100 AUSD
    JBHiFi is offering red black and yellow vinyl for $105 AUSD
    If the vinyl was cheaper I’d be interested in obtaining a few of my favourite ones. 
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,092
    RSD one for me. Not sure whether I’ll get one so I’ve locked in the red, white and blue intl one on pre order here in Aus. Not my favourite overall but happy with the Australian flag 🇦🇺 colours. That one is also cheaper than the red black and yellow being offered here as a pre order in Oz. Ten club one is pretty sweet. Overall it’s a good mix of interesting colours. Even standard black fits the theme! 
    If the vinyl was cheaper I’d be interested in obtaining a few of my favourite ones. 
    I thought black, red and yellow was pretty appropriate for Australia? 🪃
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,153
    bazzer said:
    I thought black, red and yellow was pretty appropriate for Australia? 🪃
    It is for sure, was just more expensive than the red white and blue one. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    PJ_Soul said:
    This is your loss because there are many great looking ones amongst them.
    I love these different and unique colors.
    There are 14 different versions if I count right.
    It doesn't feel like a loss. It feels like a win.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata