Gison Les Paul Special or...

Bird888Bird888 Posts: 99
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Epiphone Les Paul Elite. Both are at the top of my price limit. Which would you buy?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
ride" ! Unknown

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The Epi Elite Les Paul. Much better tuners. Much better wood than on the special, decent pickups. Carved top, better looks etc.

The Epi Elites are one of the best values out there right now. It's always better to go with high end vs low end. The Specials are about as low end as gibson goes. The Epi Elites are the premier guitars from Gibsons cheaper company. They are essentially exactly the same as USA Les Paul Standards with better tuners (Grovers) and they are built overseas in Korea making the labor much cheaper. The P/U's are american made. I do not know yet how they stack up to Gibson USA standard P/U's my guess is pretty good.

Then again even if you hate the P/U's and you swap both out, you are looking at an extroidinary value in a guitar with the Epi Elites. Much Much better than the low end Gibsons.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I saw an LP special in a local guitar store the otehr day. The thing is hideous. Seriously faded is not a finish that should ever be on a LP. And they are flat too. It's really lame. Go with the epi or save for a LP studio.

Some of the studios look amazing.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • ShredShred Posts: 28
    PLEASE GOD remember that expensive range of epiphones are better then cheap range of gibsons
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by Shred
    PLEASE GOD remember that expensive range of epiphones are better then cheap range of gibsons

I second this.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.