Options

12 VARIANTS FOR THE 12TH PEARL JAM ALBUM

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 397
    wwsuicide said:
    ISO Boston and the 2 Internationals.  Held off on this project until 10C started selling.  Guess I need to finish em now!
    PM sent
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,552
    Loujoe said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    So, I was listening to these variants using my tt and a newer (2019) Onkyo amp I have, not very powerful, 20W speakers, etc.   The variants sounded muddy.  

Then I got my new (vintage) Marantz Amp, and new 75W speakers, and holy cow, it opened up beautifully.  I still think the Clear and Black are the best, but all of the variants I have sounded really pretty good.   I wonder if just equipment is to blame for some of the sound. 
    Many times it's about your set up. I read complaints all of the time about different pressings sounding "bad", and then I play my copy and it sounds fine. That person could also not know how to properly set up their turntable.
    Indeed. Some of the variants still sound a bit muddy, but with the new setup, its hardly noticeable. 

Aint that a man!
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,280
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    So, I was listening to these variants using my tt and a newer (2019) Onkyo amp I have, not very powerful, 20W speakers, etc.   The variants sounded muddy.  

Then I got my new (vintage) Marantz Amp, and new 75W speakers, and holy cow, it opened up beautifully.  I still think the Clear and Black are the best, but all of the variants I have sounded really pretty good.   I wonder if just equipment is to blame for some of the sound. 
    Where did you buy the clear and the black one? My guess is from 10C.   
    Correct 
    The three versions sold at 10C (Black, clear & red marble) are pressed at Furnace, only 10C had furnace pressed.  All other at pressed at GZ in Nashville or GZ in Czech (for the once sold in Europe). 
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 254
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Correct 
    The three versions sold at 10C (Black, clear & red marble) are pressed at Furnace, only 10C had furnace pressed.  All other at pressed at GZ in Nashville or GZ in Czech (for the once sold in Europe). 

EU black and clear are pressed at Pallas. 
  • Options
    LostRebel said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Correct 

My clear bought from Universal in Germany has a Made in Czech sticker….
    https://pearljam.universal-music.de/p51-i0602465233483/pearl-jam/dark-matter/index.html

-00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 254
    LostRebel said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Vedd Hedd said:

Correct 

My clear bought from Universal in Germany has a Made in Czech sticker….
    https://pearljam.universal-music.de/p51-i0602465233483/pearl-jam/dark-matter/index.html

that's a logical assumption. But what about the record stamper matrix code?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,027
    Yeah, I need to see the deadwax from a EU clear or black. 
  • Options
    kramerica4kramerica4 Posts: 282
    All 8 Dark Matter regional vinyl variants are up now at the 10-C shop.
  • Options
    The hunt for them was really fun but it would have been way easier just get them all from 10C 😆
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 235
    The hunt for them was really fun but it would have been way easier just get them all from 10C 😆
    "Fun"😆... My eye twitched a few times trying to get Philly. If only I knew I could have just waited for the shop here to get them in. Sigh. But glad they're here for anyone who wasn't able to get them from local shops. 
  • Options
    wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,320
    Hope to see the internationals get put up!
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,192
    "Fun"😆... My eye twitched a few times trying to get Philly. If only I knew I could have just waited for the shop here to get them in. Sigh. But glad they're here for anyone who wasn't able to get them from local shops. 
    True. But if you waited they prob wouldn't show up here. Ya know...
  • Options
    al162928al162928 Italy Posts: 7
    some infos about the pressing quantities ?
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 235
    Loujoe said:
    True. But if you waited they prob wouldn't show up here. Ya know...
    100%😆😆😆
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    I am complete! B)

• Options
    KwynnKwynn Posts: 10
    demetrios said:
    I am complete! B)

Congrats!
    2003 Missoula, MT
    2005 The Gorge Amphitheatre, WA
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,663
    Kwynn said:
    demetrios said:
    I am complete! B)

Congrats!

Thanks! Big help from Mr A! :)

• Options
    timbo1972timbo1972 Posts: 320
    Full house of vinyl here, plus the cd’s and a download:) … wasn’t going to bother but once I picked up a couple from rsd and 10C…. Well… 
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,956
    Interesting looking at the shop filtered by best selling: Crystal Clear, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, Seattle/PNW, Philadelphia, California, Boston, Missoula. 

Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    Here’s my New York variant 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown