Options

12 VARIANTS FOR THE 12TH PEARL JAM ALBUM

Comments

• Options
    allstar340allstar340 NYC Posts: 804
    PJammin' said:
    EH14457 said:
    LukinAtU said:
    @Santos L. Halper Got my TEN CLUB EXCLUSIVE “RED GALAXY”…(purple)
    I don't get it. They look the same to me

:lol:
    …even shining a light through it doesn’t change that this is more burgundy than “red galaxy” or red marble…especially given the picture that was shown to us has black swirls and my copy has several spots of white swirling. I understand that if I were to hang this in a window, it would look closer to what is depicted - but I bought it to listen to and visually was hoping it would look closer to the picture while playing.  

It sounds great and I love the album and band still - I just have really been left with a bad taste in my mouth from the ten club’s presale / release process after receiving an album late with damaged corners and a crinkled sticker sheet and wish I could’ve spent (less of) my money elsewhere on a version I enjoy the appearance of more. You live and you learn I guess. 

08 -MSG I.eV Newark.Stone in BK. 09 -Spectrum II,III,IV. 10- Prudential Center.MSG I,II. Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 11- eV NY I, II. Bridge School Benefit Night II (eV solo). 12- Made in America Festival. 13- Oakland. 14- Bridge School Benefit Nights I, II. 17- eV Ohana. 18- Seattle I, II. 21- SHN. 22- ev & Earthlings Beacon, MSG, Camden. 23- eV & Earthlings Ohana. 24 - MSG I, II
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,563
    Does anyone who owns multiple variants noticing any discernible differences between the versions? I read a few posts that the RSD pressing didnt sound great - can anyone confirm this??
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,085
    Does anyone who owns multiple variants noticing any discernible differences between the versions? I read a few posts that the RSD pressing didnt sound great - can anyone confirm this??
    I would like to hear about this as well as ordered a handful of variants and debating which one to open and listen to 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    demetrios said:
    I just emailed Young Ones Records about the Philly variant and he said hopefully he’ll start shipping today. 

Excellent!
    Tracking # provided!

Sweet. Me too!  :)
  • Options
    OK guys help me out - I can go for RSD, Chicago or NY variant - I think my fav by looks is RSD but the Chicago is much rarer run?!

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    mickf29mickf29 Posts: 33
    Just got home and found NYC and Boston Variants delivered! up to 9/14 so far! 5 to go: Chicago, Philly, Missoula, International #1 and #2. 
    1995 Club Moe w/Neil Young Seattle WA
    1996 Key Arena Seattle WA
    2000 Mesa Del Sol Albuquerque
    2005 Gorge Amphitheater WA
    2005 Clark County Amphitheater Portland OR (Vancouver WA)
    2006 Arlene Schnitzer Hall Portland OR
    2008 Susquehanna Bank Center Camden NJ
    2009 Outside Lands Golden Gate Park SF CA
    2011 Ottawa w Mudhoney
    2014 Big Day Out Gold Coast Australia
    2022 Ohana Festival Dana Point CA
    2024 Portland Moda Center
    2024 Missoula Grizzly Stadium
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,751
    mickf29 said:
    Just got home and found NYC and Boston Variants delivered! up to 9/14 so far! 5 to go: Chicago, Philly, Missoula, International #1 and #2. 
     Congrats! 🎉 

I’m just waiting for Missoula and PNW to be delivered. I gotta track down a red marble version. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 205
    Are the sticker sheets sealed inside the vinyl? I just received my 10C version and there's no sticker sheet. Unless it's inside the actual sealed vinyl, which I haven't opened yet.
  • Options
    UmbertotambaUmbertotamba Posts: 1,382
    Springfield MA 94, Hartford CT 96
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Wow, that a little higher than normal. Good luck to those who want it. 

Thanks for the link. 🙌
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    DN36753DN36753 Posts: 128
    Oh that sucks, they don't ship to Canada, and that's the only one I need.   Any leads on a international shipping option for Philly?
  • Options
    Thanks for the link!
  • Options
    ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 214
    Finally breathes a sigh of relief. 
    Thank you! 
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,976
    OK guys help me out - I can go for RSD, Chicago or NY variant - I think my fav by looks is RSD but the Chicago is much rarer run?!
    Go for what you like the best. You’ll probably never sell, but even if you did, what’s a few quid?
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Yes.  14 total.  RSD and 10C are part of the 12. The two that are not are the regular release black, and the clear.  

Also the 2 you have listed as Italy are just international.  They've both been available in many European countries, the UK, and Australia. 

And here is Missoula:
    https://www.earcandymusicog.com/product/pearl-jam-dark-matter-missoula-variant-oro-y-plata-new-vinyl-lp-pick-up-shipping-apr-19th-/808?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=true 

The black, red & yellow vinyl variant is available in Canada. A Sunrise Records Exclusive release.

Just picked up copy, local independents still no stock. 10days til show...had to buy it
    Vancouver 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2013 - Toronto 2000, 2003 - Gorge II 2006
    Seattle I 2009, 2013 - Calgary 2011 - Edmonton 2011
    EV solo VAN II 2008, Las Vegas I, II 2011
  • Options
    tino_11 said:
    Go for what you like the best. You’ll probably never sell, but even if you did, what’s a few quid?
    Nah wouldnt sell Im a collector and I can really only afford 1 vinyl at the mo and wanna get a good un! ;)

• Options
    demetrios said:
    Yes.  14 total.  RSD and 10C are part of the 12. The two that are not are the regular release black, and the clear.  

Also the 2 you have listed as Italy are just international.  They've both been available in many European countries, the UK, and Australia. 

And here is Missoula:
    https://www.earcandymusicog.com/product/pearl-jam-dark-matter-missoula-variant-oro-y-plata-new-vinyl-lp-pick-up-shipping-apr-19th-/808?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=true 

The black, red & yellow vinyl variant is available in Canada. A Sunrise Records Exclusive release.

Just picked up copy, local independents still no stock. 10days til show...had to buy it

Sweet score. Yeah our local record store didn't receive any Dark Matter black vinyl editions. They did though receive the RSD release. Pretty cool though that the local Sunrise Records carried this black, red & yellow edition. I would of stopped by & picked up a copy, but I had already placed an order with jpc.
  • Options
  • Options
    That’s a tough one, I love both of those. I’d just go with which one is your favorite. You can’t go wrong with either though. 
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 603
    Not enough pictures. Come on, let’s see these pretty variants on the turntable…
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Thanks - weirdly this one doesn’t seem to like any of my U.K. credit cards despite using a US shipping address 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,947
    Are the sticker sheets sealed inside the vinyl? I just received my 10C version and there's no sticker sheet. Unless it's inside the actual sealed vinyl, which I haven't opened yet.
    The sticker sheets are inside the sleeve with the booklet.

• Options
    So I got both the red 10c vinyl (you're right, it's purple) and the Boston variant. Both look great. Both sticker sets are the same. However, the 10c version feels heavier...and there's some words etched on the 10c vinyl that's not on the variant.
  • Options
    I need that 10C red/purple version so if anyone has a change of heart please DM me. Thanks. 

Didn’t think they’d sellout so soon.  
  • Options
    tomcnumber12tomcnumber12 Houston, TX Posts: 1
    Are we able to confirm this is the list?

8 U.S. Regional Store Variants:

1. Missoula - Oro & Plata
    2. Vegas - Black and SIlver Galaxy
    3. Boston - Red & Navy Blue
    4. Chicago - Red & Sky Blue
    5. LA - Purple & Yellow
    6. NY - Orange and Blue
    7. Philly - Clear w/Orange, Black & White
    8. Seattle - Green & Gold

2 International Variants

1. UK - Red, Yellow, Blac,
    2. Italy - White, Red and Blue

And are the final 2 variants??

1. Record Store Day
    2. 10 Club - Red Marble

• Options
    Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 282
    So I got both the red 10c vinyl (you're right, it's purple) and the Boston variant. Both look great. Both sticker sets are the same. However, the 10c version feels heavier...and there's some words etched on the 10c vinyl that's not on the variant.
    Which sounds better?
  • Options
    Which sounds better?
    10c was just delivered, so I haven't had a chance yet. But the Boston version sounds good. Will spin tonight after a couple of glasses of red/purple wine. 
  • Options
    LetMySpiritPassLetMySpiritPass Lakewood Colorado Posts: 205
    GlowGirl said:
    The sticker sheets are inside the sleeve with the booklet.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Which sounds better?
    10c was just delivered, so I haven't had a chance yet. But the Boston version sounds good. Will spin tonight after a couple of glasses of red/purple wine. 
    Can we see a pic of your Boston? 😳 
  • Options
    Are we able to confirm this is the list?

8 U.S. Regional Store Variants:

1. Missoula - Oro & Plata
    2. Vegas - Black and SIlver Galaxy
    3. Boston - Red & Navy Blue
    4. Chicago - Red & Sky Blue
    5. LA - Purple & Yellow
    6. NY - Orange and Blue
    7. Philly - Clear w/Orange, Black & White
    8. Seattle - Green & Gold

2 International Variants

1. UK - Red, Yellow, Blac,
    2. Italy - White, Red and Blue

And are the final 2 variants??

1. Record Store Day
    2. 10 Club - Red Marble

3. Clear
    4. Black