Options

Music I've made that is influenced by Pearl Jam

RSRRSR British Columbia, Canada Posts: 44
edited March 18 in Other Music
Hey Jamily - I am primarily a mixing and mastering engineer, but I've loved Pearl Jam from the first time I heard them in 1992 on the radio.

Late last year, I recorded some songs that I had written around that time in the early 90s, and the PJ influence is strong ... especially in this one, called "Forget". As I formed this song, I wanted to capture the essence of early 90s rock that has so thoroughly influenced me musically, but with a modern twist. The song hits hard, but doesn't have the same bite that other songs in the genre. This is on purpose. It hopefully will sound really full and great on everything you listen on if you turn it up (that's the goal, anyhow!) :hang_loose:

https://open.spotify.com/track/7hAaP4fNphOMf2EL9tyagy?si=1ee2d462aad04b17

And for non-Spotify peeps,  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA6HkMFH934&ab_channel=LevityProject-Topic

*Performed, Recorded, Mixed and Mastered by me :)
I've been a Pearl Jam fan since I was 13 and first heard Ament's opening to Jeremy on the radio. To this day, Pearl Jam continues to inspire and challenge me to not just be better, but to be great.
Post edited by RSR on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    This is AWESOME!!! Wow!! I’m going to listen to the rest during my AM workout. Thanks for sharing! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Glad you like it!!

I've listened to it a million times throughout the production process, so I'm biased toward loving it 😂
    I've been a Pearl Jam fan since I was 13 and first heard Ament's opening to Jeremy on the radio. To this day, Pearl Jam continues to inspire and challenge me to not just be better, but to be great.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,757
    I like it a lot, RSR!  Great sound and arrangement and-- something I don't say a whole lot about new things I hear these days-- I dig your singing voice!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I like it a lot, RSR!  Great sound and arrangement and-- something I don't say a whole lot about new things I hear these days-- I dig your singing voice!
    Hey, thanks for taking a listen!