Options

Your favorite mixed genre artists/ bands?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
edited March 17 in Other Music
Thinking about Tim's Messthetics thread, I got to thinking about bands that- besides simply playing different forms of rock- incorporate varying genres in their music. 
One of my favorites was the one-man-band/ multi-instrumentalist Sandy Bull who incorporated folk, rock and roll, middle eastern music (via the oud), modal improvisation, classical (especially Bach), and what sounds to me at times like Native American drumming.
Miles Davis, of course, blew open doors by combining jazz and rock and funk into various strange brews. 
Larry Coryell was one of the founders of jazz rock fusion and also combined classical music in his own beautifully incorrigible fashion.
Steve Wynn is another favorite of mine who, through various bands and configurations, has played or combined various forms of rock and incorporated jazz, blues, folk, and country.
I suppose you could add Neil Young although I'd say he's always been at his best sticking to rock and folk rock.

Any favorite multi genre artists/ bands of yours?
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.