American going to Dublin and the UK, London, Manchester and Scotland 2024. What fun things to do?

2»

Comments

• ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,269
    Harrycat said:
    I used to live in Dublin and have been multiple times - in fact lived very close to Guinness.
    Best pubs 
    O’Donahues
    The Brazen Head
    Grogans
    Mulligans
    The Grave Diggers
    Avoid pubs in Temple bar 
    There is a pre-party the night before at Fibber McGees - PJ cover band etc look for the PJ Ireland Facebook Group

Hope this helps have an awesome time.
    Excellent recommendations, I'd add the Cobblestones onto that list if north of the river. 
    Grogans is excellent. 

If anyone's getting into Dublin early and has a thirst, there are still some early houses left where you can get a pint from 7am. 
    Slattery's on Capel St is probably the best of these, and you can get a breakfast too.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Posts: 1,062
    If you're going to the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, you could always do the Skywalk.  Basically climbing the stadium and walking around the roof, looks pretty cool and will get an idea how it will look with the band playing below.

https://www.tottenhamhotspurstadium.com/see-do/the-dare-skywalk/?scrollToCalendar
  • GT1015GT1015 Posts: 184
    If you're going to the Tottenham Hotspur stadium, you could always do the Skywalk.  Basically climbing the stadium and walking around the roof, looks pretty cool and will get an idea how it will look with the band playing below.

https://www.tottenhamhotspurstadium.com/see-do/the-dare-skywalk/?scrollToCalendar
    My wife doesn't do heights.  The only Pearl Jam show we are catching is in Manchester.  Might try for Slow Pulp in Dublin and maybe Foo Fighters in Manchester, but that is the same day that we land so could be exhausted.  
  • Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 663
    Stay off the moors
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,003
    I'm actually in Bowes right now. Unbelievable pint. Brilliant pub. One of Dublins best 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
    Serious pint 

• bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 237
    eboweddie said:
    I'm actually in Bowes right now. Unbelievable pint. Brilliant pub. One of Dublins best 
    Lovely pub. Incredible Guinness, great location. 
    Just hoping Billy Corgan plays Drown tonight!!!

eboweddie said:
    Serious pint 
    I'm getting that at the storehouse 10 am this Saturday!  
    Trip is winding down now. Just Manchester left! Had great weather on all the stops, looks like it it will 25 or something in Manchester today and the next couple of days too! Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions!!!