Auckland transportation

Isoworld13Isoworld13 Posts: 223
Heading to Auckland for both shows. Staying at the Hilton Auckland downtown. Was planning on taking the train from Britomart to Penrose, but it seems the train isn't available for the way back. What are my options? Uber? Taxi? Bus? Will not have a car.
1994 Boston
1998 Mansfield
2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
2003 Mansfield (X2)
2004 Boston
2006 Chicago & Boston (x2)
2008 Mansfield (x2)
2009 Chicago
2010 Buffalo & Boston
2011 Toronto
2012 Amsterdam
2013 Wrigley, Worcerster (x2), Philly, & Hartford
2014 Memphis, Moline, Denver
2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Hampton, Philly, Fenway (x2), Wrigley Monday
2018 Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2)
2022 MSG. Nashville

Comments

• Micheyb21Micheyb21 Posts: 266
    From what I can see there are trains til at least midnight running on weekends/when events are on?? Also I understand that there are also event buses that run to/from downtown to the stadium that are also put on for large events/concerts as will be lots of us heading back that way. There will probs be more info released when gets closer to time so I wouldn't worry at this stage. 
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 896
    Just a caveat that public transport in NZ after gigs can be an absolute shit show. Pink was at Eden Park I think which is more central than Mt Smart and there were huge issues with tracks (did AT not think fixing/pre-empting issues before huge events was a good idea?).

Bring on an 80000 seat national stadium near the viaduct. Though keep the ABs playing at Eden Park as given we haven't lost a game there since 1994 we like the energy of the place.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • CB24NZCB24NZ Posts: 18
    I’ll be looking into options also, staying downtown on Queens St.
    Prefer to do public transport if possible, hopefully it improves after how bad it was for Pink.
    Go Media stadium is a real pain to get to.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    edited March 13
    You gonna stress about this for 7 +months @Isoworld13
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    We're at the same hotel, @isoworld! Where you travelling from? I also figured out the train stops after learning the stadium doesn't have parking. SMILE.

Most of us 10C Auckland night one music lovers are still trying to get charged for our tickets!! They should comp us at this point!
    Spunkie said:

Most of us 10C Auckland night one music lovers are still trying to get charged for our tickets!! They should comp us at this point!
    Haha and also provide us with VIP transportation to and from the venue with champagne 🤣
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:

Haha and also provide us with VIP transportation to and from the venue with champagne 🤣
    While your at it asking for the impossible.... how about a pre- show meet and greet 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Isoworld13Isoworld13 Posts: 223
    Not stressing. In fact they still haven't charged me for night one yet. (Well, they charged me, confirmed me, gave me my money back, then said don't worry we're working on it). They also denied all my Australian shows because I had AMEX, then fixed that by getting me GC to all requested shows, and charging the Amex  they said they didn't take. I am completely FAITHFUL it all works out in end, so no stress. I AM, however, an obsessive planner with a touch of the OCD, and I do like all my ducks in a row. Currently trying to put together trips for Vegas, Chicago, Auckland, Gold Coast, and Melbourne. Pretty much all the air & hotels have been booked, just working on rides at this point.
    1994 Boston
    1998 Mansfield
    2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
    2003 Mansfield (X2)
    2004 Boston
    2008 Mansfield (x2)
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Buffalo & Boston
    2011 Toronto
    2012 Amsterdam
    2022 MSG. Nashville
    Spunkie said:
    We're at the same hotel, @isoworld! Where you travelling from? I also figured out the train stops after learning the stadium doesn't have parking. SMILE.

Traveling from Massachusetts. Hitting both Auckland shows, Gold Coast, and Melbourne 1. I'm in same boat for AKL1 with the ticket charge/refund situation.
    1994 Boston
    1998 Mansfield
    2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
    2003 Mansfield (X2)
    2004 Boston
    2008 Mansfield (x2)
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Buffalo & Boston
    2011 Toronto
    2012 Amsterdam
    2022 MSG. Nashville
    Not stressing. In fact they still haven't charged me for night one yet. (Well, they charged me, confirmed me, gave me my money back, then said don't worry we're working on it). They also denied all my Australian shows because I had AMEX, then fixed that by getting me GC to all requested shows, and charging the Amex  they said they didn't take. I am completely FAITHFUL it all works out in end, so no stress. I AM, however, an obsessive planner with a touch of the OCD, and I do like all my ducks in a row. Currently trying to put together trips for Vegas, Chicago, Auckland, Gold Coast, and Melbourne. Pretty much all the air & hotels have been booked, just working on rides at this point.
    I was in the Amex mess too but they fixed that just fine.... My Aussie buddy has our AKL 1 tix she's not worried about the not getting charged bit, it'll be fine she is sure. I'm gonna ditch my Vegas. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Some of us enjoy trip planning.  It is a fun distraction even if months out.   No need to defend yourself for that if some don’t get it
    If anyone on the dreaded facebook- its worth following the Go Media Stadium page- they seem to be great at posting essential info for games and gigs. I went back in their posts to other gigs - in jan they did info for the foos and transport- found it to be a good source of useful info for us pre planners (one of the very few reasons I keep a minor profile going on there) 

I figured we will work it out somehow- the getting back from gigs is always a pain in so many places- Rome in 2018 involved a lot of walking as it was chaos. Theres usually enough people doing same thing that it will be an adventure 🤩
    Micheyb21 said:
    Spunkie said:

While your at it asking for the impossible.... how about a pre- show meet and greet 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    That's it? That's all you ladies want!!!! 
    Spunkie said:

Traveling from Massachusetts. Hitting both Auckland shows, Gold Coast, and Melbourne 1. I'm in same boat for AKL1 with the ticket charge/refund situation.
    Were having mussels/brunch on the pier after the first show. I'll check with my girl Michey and see if she still feels the more the merrier! 
    Some of us enjoy trip planning.  It is a fun distraction even if months out.   No need to defend yourself for that if some don’t get it
    Remember when you and I were both in the Lollapalooza Paris 2020 Pearl Jam and Billie Eilish trip planning roll call! DM me if ya want day after brunch info!
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    I remember in 09 wasn't too bad getting back and forth perhaps something has changed.  Anyway look forward to returning,

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

In 2007 I saw U2 at Mt Smart. We had a car and it was parked early as we lined up for GA....came out and car was gone. One of girls in our group was dating a member of U2 inner circle and he sent a car for us to get to the tow yard...it was horribly long night. If one has a car watch the signs..its mostly residential. 
    And for the record I plan things out too but 7+months out transport after a show is nothing I worry about at th8s point in time. Y'all go right ahead
    While we're at it, i need transport info for Gold Coast as well (will be staying in Surfers Paradise)....Should be all set for Melbourne (staying at the Crowne Plaza less than a mile away.
    1994 Boston
    1998 Mansfield
    2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
    2003 Mansfield (X2)
    2004 Boston
    2008 Mansfield (x2)
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Buffalo & Boston
    2011 Toronto
    2012 Amsterdam
    2022 MSG. Nashville
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Spunkie said:
    Remember when you and I were both in the Lollapalooza Paris 2020 Pearl Jam and Billie Eilish trip planning roll call! DM me if ya want day after brunch info!
    Well, let's hope our fate on this one is better than how the 2020 show worked out.  

I would be down for brunch but will be on the road at 7am heading north to play some golf.
    While we're at it, i need transport info for Gold Coast as well (will be staying in Surfers Paradise)....Should be all set for Melbourne (staying at the Crowne Plaza less than a mile away.
    Me too! However, I grabbed a room at the Elite nearby for a night in case we want to skip getting back to Surfers Paradise after the show. I figure getting back to the hotels will be the crappiest part of the trip since I'm bringing a 12 year old.