Which comes first....?

oyster jellyoyster jelly Posts: 107
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Here we go again and yes I know it is a matter of preference, but I just got all my gear and need to have some intelligent opinions. Which comes first....
I have a:
Silvertone SS Strat
Epi G310 SG (I play this mostly)
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss SD-1 Super OverDrive
Ibanez CP-10 Compression Sustainer
Arion Chorus
and all goes into the Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack
Pretty modest setup and that is the order I have them but would like to know if you think the order should be different and why. Thanks.
" A toast to Buffalo...who new it could be so beautiful..." EV 5/2/03

" This one's for the home team...."
Eddie before they broke out Rats 5/12/06

Buffalo 5/2/03
Albany 5/12/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Here we go again and yes I know it is a matter of preference, but I just got all my gear and need to have some intelligent opinions. Which comes first....
    I have a:
    Silvertone SS Strat
    Epi G310 SG (I play this mostly)
    Dunlop Crybaby
    Boss DS-1 Distortion
    Boss SD-1 Super OverDrive
    Ibanez CP-10 Compression Sustainer
    Arion Chorus
    and all goes into the Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack
    Pretty modest setup and that is the order I have them but would like to know if you think the order should be different and why. Thanks.

Micro Stack > Dunlop Crybaby > DS-1 Distortion > Arion Chorus > Compression Sustainer> SD-1>guitar

i say get rid of the super over-drive you dont need it...get rid of the super over-drive and distortoin and get a Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion, has preferences of the DS-2 and then some
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Dunlop Crybaby -> Ibanez CP-10 Compression Sustainer -> Arion Chorus -> Boss SD-1 Super OverDrive -> Boss DS-1 Distortion -> Amp

The comp will mellow out the wah and give a stronger signal to your gain stages. Chorus can be placed before or after gain stages, that's really a personal call, so try it before the comp, between the comp and od, and after all the distortions. But order your gain stages from low to high, so comp, then overdrive, then distortion (fuzz would be next, if you had one).

That said, it truly is personal taste, but that's how I would wire it.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Dunlop Crybaby -> Ibanez CP-10 Compression Sustainer -> Arion Chorus -> Boss SD-1 Super OverDrive -> Boss DS-1 Distortion -> Amp

The comp will mellow out the wah and give a stronger signal to your gain stages. Chorus can be placed before or after gain stages, that's really a personal call, so try it before the comp, between the comp and od, and after all the distortions. But order your gain stages from low to high, so comp, then overdrive, then distortion (fuzz would be next, if you had one).

That said, it truly is personal taste, but that's how I would wire it.
    Thanks. I'll try those ideas. Thanks for the help.
    " A toast to Buffalo...who new it could be so beautiful..." EV 5/2/03

" This one's for the home team...."
    Eddie before they broke out Rats 5/12/06

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06