Options

LA/Inglewood Kia Forum 5/21 & 5/22 questions

2»

Comments

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,508
    Did you try looking for a place to stay that is walking distance to the Forum?aisleseats said:
    These shows were a last minute addition for me. And I'm trying to keep expenses low. Been to LA many times, so not coming to "visit" the area. Staying by LAX, and literally the only place I'm going is the venue (and maybe wishlist parties), which is 2.5 miles away. Renting a car seems ridiculous when I'd only be driving a total of 15 miles over 3 days, and I'd have to pay $40 per day to park at the hotel and $60 per day to park at the venue. I was fine using Uber. But I've been reading horror stories of how impossible they are to get post-show, and how they can be up to $200 with surge pricing. There's a bus stop outside the hotel, which could take me right to the Forum and back. And I'm not above using it. But I've also been reading horror stories of how dangerous the buses can be late at night. I'm also not above walking quite a ways, if that makes things easier. But again, I've heard how dangerous the surrounding neighborhoods can be at night.

So, I'm just looking for any info/advice on what my best options are after the shows. Thanks.

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,233
    cutz said:
    Did you try looking for a place to stay that is walking distance to the Forum?aisleseats said:
    These shows were a last minute addition for me. And I'm trying to keep expenses low. Been to LA many times, so not coming to "visit" the area. Staying by LAX, and literally the only place I'm going is the venue (and maybe wishlist parties), which is 2.5 miles away. Renting a car seems ridiculous when I'd only be driving a total of 15 miles over 3 days, and I'd have to pay $40 per day to park at the hotel and $60 per day to park at the venue. I was fine using Uber. But I've been reading horror stories of how impossible they are to get post-show, and how they can be up to $200 with surge pricing. There's a bus stop outside the hotel, which could take me right to the Forum and back. And I'm not above using it. But I've also been reading horror stories of how dangerous the buses can be late at night. I'm also not above walking quite a ways, if that makes things easier. But again, I've heard how dangerous the surrounding neighborhoods can be at night.

So, I'm just looking for any info/advice on what my best options are after the shows. Thanks.

Yeah. There's nothing in the immediate vicinity. And anything that is closer than LAX seems super sketchy.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,743
    cutz said:

Yeah. There's nothing in the immediate vicinity. And anything that is closer than LAX seems super sketchy.
    I park on the street and walk to my car after Forum shows and have never had a problem. It's not unsafe. Walk quickly, mind your surroundings, don't have your head buried in your phone. Besides, there are 20,000 people and a lot of cops in the general vicinity after a show.

You'd also be fine taking the bus. Any individual incident that happens on public transit gets a lot of attention, but they are still generally safe. And there are plenty of people riding them in the 11 p.m. hour. It's not like it's 3 a.m.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,818
    JojoRice said:
    I did both LA shows in 22' and used Uber/Lyft.  I stayed at the Westin by LAX.  Getting to the arena was easy.  Getting back took some patience.  I'd recommend walking a couple blocks after the show and then getting an uber.   
    Agreed.  We tried getting an Uber at the designated Uber area after night 1 in 2022 and it was a shit show.  Night 2 was drive and parked by Sofi. 
        This time we prepaid for parking at the forum. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,616
    How much is parking now? I know Sofi was $60. 
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,818
    How much is parking now? I know Sofi was $60. 
    If you prepay through Ticketmaster it was $51.   

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,799
    That area around The Forum is a gutter. I’d recommend going to a nice place to eat away from there and then head to the venue. It’s not a very safe surrounding area either. Very sketchy. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    gus stillsgus stills Posts: 343
    In ‘22 I stayed in El Segundo. Ubered to Venice beach in the morning, then to venue for merch and back to hotel. Cheap, easy. After show I walked about ten minutes before calling an Uber. Cost me $70 back to hotel…think it was more like $25 during the day. Dumbest thing I did all day was not take sunscreen to the merch line. Had a blast. Venue was cool, people were great, show was rad.
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 262
    Anyone know how the GA line is set up?  Is it just a line that forms outside the day of the show?  Do they do wristbands?  My only experience with GA was at Ft Worth where you got a wristband and could leave and then come back.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    Robdog983Robdog983 Visalia, CA Posts: 141
    MM70435 said:
    Anyone know how the GA line is set up?  Is it just a line that forms outside the day of the show?  Do they do wristbands?  My only experience with GA was at Ft Worth where you got a wristband and could leave and then come back.

• Options

This is from a show I went to at the Forum in LA a few months ago. Does anyone know if the floor seats for PJ are literally on the floor all the way to the back near where the mixer is at or are the seats in the very back section next to the mixer on risers as seen here in this photo?
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,905
    Robdog983 said:

This is from a show I went to at the Forum in LA a few months ago. Does anyone know if the floor seats for PJ are literally on the floor all the way to the back near where the mixer is at or are the seats in the very back section next to the mixer on risers as seen here in this photo?
    The sections that you see in the photo are Sections 1 and 3, which are on risers. The assigned floor seats in the lettered sections for PJ are flat on the ground all the way back to that railing in front of the sound booth + Sections 1 and 3.

Had assigned floor seats two years ago and have them again this time around.
  • Options
    kasedoug said:
    Robdog983 said:

The sections that you see in the photo are Sections 1 and 3, which are on risers. The assigned floor seats in the lettered sections for PJ are flat on the ground all the way back to that railing in front of the sound booth + Sections 1 and 3.

Had assigned floor seats two years ago and have them again this time around.
    Thank you! I was comparing my picture to the map of the arena setup you sent from TM as well and figured it was exactly what you said but I just wanted some confirmation. I appreciate you!
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 262
    Robdog983 said:
    MM70435 said:

Damn.  I could have just googled it.  thanks Robdog!
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,499
    PJammin' said:
    That area around The Forum is a gutter. I’d recommend going to a nice place to eat away from there and then head to the venue. It’s not a very safe surrounding area either. Very sketchy. 
    I always stay at a motel on Manchester.. never have had a problem. 
  • Options
    MM70435 said:
    Robdog983 said:
    MM70435 said:

Damn.  I could have just googled it.  thanks Robdog!
    You’re welcome! If you happen to have an extra GA or know someone who does, please let me know!
  • Options
    Anyone have any experience bringing a small vape pen into this venue? I've brought a vape pen to every concert I've been to for the last 10 years and never had any problems. I literally just sit it in the bowl and hand it to security, and they've never said anything. But I noticed that this venue stresses that they do not allow e-cigs into the venue at all. Which is weird, considering they allow ppl to bring cigarettes and lighters. Just wondering how strictly this is enforced here?
  • Options
    Anyone have any experience bringing a small vape pen into this venue? I've brought a vape pen to every concert I've been to for the last 10 years and never had any problems. I literally just sit it in the bowl and hand it to security, and they've never said anything. But I noticed that this venue stresses that they do not allow e-cigs into the venue at all. Which is weird, considering they allow ppl to bring cigarettes and lighters. Just wondering how strictly this is enforced here?
    I don't know about LA but in Sacramento you could not bring in Vape of any kind and no lighters. Is it just a Sac rule or a California state rule?
  • Options
    cutz said:
    I don't know about LA but in Sacramento you could not bring in Vape of any kind and no lighters. Is it just a Sac rule or a California state rule?
    I've not had any issues at Hollywood Bowl, the Greek, or the Wiltern. Must be a venue thing.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    I've not had any issues at Hollywood Bowl, the Greek, or the Wiltern. Must be a venue thing.
    Yeah, it must be.

That was the first time I heard that you could not bring in a lighter into a Venue. I think you could not bring in cigarettes too? Has to be just a Sacramento rule?
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 503
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Yeah, it must be.

That was the first time I heard that you could not bring in a lighter into a Venue. I think you could not bring in cigarettes too? Has to be just a Sacramento rule?
    No lighters, no tobacco, no vapes in Sac.
    But I think they needed to have staff clarify before people got in line.
    I thought it was pretty strict, and they looked in, dug around in the bags @ Sac; they asked my granddaughter to open her folded wallet.
     Someone got through with cigs, because I could smell and see the smoke, but it wasn't that much.