Pedal question

oyster jellyoyster jelly Posts: 107
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys, I just got a crybaby and soon will be getting a chorus and wondered which order they would sound better in into my amp. Thanks.
" A toast to Buffalo...who new it could be so beautiful..." EV 5/2/03

" This one's for the home team...."
Eddie before they broke out Rats 5/12/06

Buffalo 5/2/03
Albany 5/12/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• if you have an efx loop, i'd put the chorus there.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • I just have a plain practice amp for the time being, at least until tax money comes back. No efx, just straight amplitude.

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    In that case you be the judge. Each way will sound different but neither is wrong. If you have the chorus to the left of the crybaby, it'll be added after the wha. If it's on the right, the crybaby will add the wha effect to the chorus. It's whatever sounds better to you. Either way, amp distortion will probably make the chorus sound like poo poo.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Try it both ways, it's not like it costs anything.

Me, I'd do Wah first and then chorus. But I hate chorus.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Try it both ways, it's not like it costs anything.

Me, I'd do Wah first and then chorus. But I hate chorus.

I am getting the chorus pedal REAL cheap from a guy at work who doesn't need it anymore. I can't pass it up, but, what other pedals would you suggest getting. I am just getting into the effects phase of my playing and really don't know too much on what works together and what doesn't. Thanks.

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
  • crybaby goes first
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I am getting the chorus pedal REAL cheap from a guy at work who doesn't need it anymore. I can't pass it up, but, what other pedals would you suggest getting. I am just getting into the effects phase of my playing and really don't know too much on what works together and what doesn't. Thanks.

Delay would be my choice. You can pick up one of the mini Danelectro delays for cheap... like $30 new. And they're really pretty good.

But it's all preference...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.