Tax money spending spree

oyster jellyoyster jelly Posts: 107
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys, tax time is here and time for another shopping spree. I am going to get a Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack and already have a Dunlop Crybaby and an Arion Chorus pedal. Was hoping to also get a Boss Overdrive and MAYBE a Rotovibe as well. Any other suggestions from you guys? Any suggestions for better or different amp or pedals would be welcome too. Thanks.
" A toast to Buffalo...who new it could be so beautiful..." EV 5/2/03

" This one's for the home team...."
Eddie before they broke out Rats 5/12/06

Buffalo 5/2/03
Albany 5/12/06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• anyone?........

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    skip the Chorus and the Boss OD, at first. you may not need them with the MG right away. then try a bunch of stuff out and get the coolest one you can swing.

check out http://www.voodoolab.com

they are really cool. I think they might have some stuff you might like.

you can get their pedals pretty cheap off of E-bay.

A fuzz would be cool too.

Definately thumbs up on the rotovibe, or you could check out an Electro Harmonics wiggler, it's probably a little warmer and cleaner than the roto but the roto is really cool.

The voodoo lab microvibe is swooshier. or you could wait and place an order with Telesonic for one of Shannon Effects cool new uni-phasers.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    these microstacks are developing some good word of mouth.
  • I am trying to base my backline like Zakk Wylde's setup, Crybaby-rotovibe-Overdsrive-Chorus-amp. I think that less is more and don't really want to mask my playing too much. I really think that Wylde is a great guitarist but I don't necessarily want to play that style of music all the time. I like the rock/bluesy stuff alot. I love to play PJ but like to keep my mind open to different styles and types of playing.

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
    I am trying to base my backline like Zakk Wylde's setup, Crybaby-rotovibe-Overdsrive-Chorus-amp. I think that less is more and don't really want to mask my playing too much. I really think that Wylde is a great guitarist but I don't necessarily want to play that style of music all the time. I like the rock/bluesy stuff alot. I love to play PJ but like to keep my mind open to different styles and types of playing.

Oh, ok. sounds great, You a BLS fan I'd assume?

I know zakk just sanctioned an overdrive from MXR. That might be a way to go.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/151118/
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    Oh, ok. sounds great, You a BLS fan I'd assume?

I know zakk just sanctioned an overdrive from MXR. That might be a way to go.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/151118/
    I actually grew up listening to KISS and Sabbath then Ozzy and Metallica and all those heavy metal groups. As I got older my mind expanded and I started listening to other styles of music, eventually finding Pearl Jam and Nirvana and that genre of music. Then when I started to actually play, it opened my eyes to Hendrix and Stevie Ray and I noticed not just the words but the music as well. I like BLS but find too much of it can get boring. I do love to hear that growl of an overdriven guitar and just playing that way is such a release and a rush, if you know what I mean....

Buffalo 5/2/03
    Albany 5/12/06
    I actually grew up listening to KISS and Sabbath then Ozzy and Metallica and all those heavy metal groups. As I got older my mind expanded and I started listening to other styles of music, eventually finding Pearl Jam and Nirvana and that genre of music. Then when I started to actually play, it opened my eyes to Hendrix and Stevie Ray and I noticed not just the words but the music as well. I like BLS but find too much of it can get boring. I do love to hear that growl of an overdriven guitar and just playing that way is such a release and a rush, if you know what I mean....

oh yeah man, I think that's why we all play.