Options

My New Record Shelves

GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,911
edited February 28 in Musicians and Gearheads
I finally replaced my rickety old record shelf.  It was a bit unstable and I was running out of room. I got this from Gothic Furniture in NYC. But they can also be ordered online. It is solid wood with a backing and I picked the stain. The inserts are also removable. They are modular so you can configure how you want. Mine is a 3 shelf base with 2 shelf stacked on top. The delivery guys screwed them together for me. Finally, I have plenty of room and it also matches the other furniture I have. Yay!!

Post edited by GlowGirl on

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Ooh, those are neat! I like the pattern on the inserts. More character than the typical IKEA cubes.

• Options
    edited February 28
    Ooh, those are neat! I like the pattern on the inserts. More character than the typical IKEA cubes.

Thanks. The cut out in the middle of the insert makes it easier to get your hand in there. Now I just have to fill it up more.

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    GlowGirl said:
    I finally replaced my rickety old record shelf.  It was a bit unstable and I was running out of room. I got this from Gothic Furniture in NYC. But they can also be ordered online. It is solid wood with a backing and I picked the stain. The inserts are also removable. They are modular so you can configure how you want. Mine is a 3 shelf base with 2 shelf stacked on top. The delivery guys screwed them together for me. Finally, I have plenty of room and it also matches the other furniture I have. Yay!!

I can see my record!!..cool M!!..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    GlowGirl said:

Yes! That is the one I bought from you. Thanks for that. It has a good home. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,053
    Thank God you finally got this!

It looks beautiful!

Now... Secure it to the wall please...

:) 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    GlowGirl said:
    23scidoo said:
    GlowGirl said:

Yes! That is the one I bought from you. Thanks for that. It has a good home. 
    I'm sure about this!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    This is great! I'm going to have to do something new now that our little one is starting to walk/waddle and grabs everything in sight. I need to elevate them somehow.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Good job!  They have that Eddie Vedder waves look!
    Eddie Vedders Original Wave Drawing - 11x14 Sketch

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

Funny. I never even thought of that. 
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    This is great! I'm going to have to do something new now that our little one is starting to walk/waddle and grabs everything in sight. I need to elevate them somehow.
    Check out their website. 

They are a bit pricier, but the quality is great. It should last a long time. 
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,982
    Those look great! Thanks for sharing. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    GlowGirl said:
    brianlux said:

Funny. I never even thought of that. 

I can't help it- I love waves!  :smiley:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 683
    Get some weight on the bottom shelves! It's giving me unit tipping/record smashing anxiety 😁
  • Options
    beano.79 said:
    Get some weight on the bottom shelves! It's giving me unit tipping/record smashing anxiety 😁
    I filled the bottom up with books. Also, it is two separate pieces connected together, and the bottom base piece is weighted. I specifically asked about that. So, hopefully it is good.

• Options
    beano.79beano.79 Posts: 683
    GlowGirl said:
    beano.79 said:
    I filled the bottom up with books. Also, it is two separate pieces connected together, and the bottom base piece is weighted. I specifically asked about that. So, hopefully it is good.

😅 It looks great! I'm going to need a new solution soon, but I've had to curb record buying a little as they're in my living room and my wife would definitely have something to say about it!