Options

Berlin - starting time changed

marumarukomarumaruko Frankfurt / Calgary Posts: 85
edited February 26 in Given To Fly (live)
Today I received a message from Eventim that the concert starting time has been moved ahead to 6:30pm for both days. 
Does this mean that PJ might start earlier then? Would be great, so that they have plenty of time to not rush towards the curfew of 10pm. 

Post edited by marumaruko on

Comments

• Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,276
    Today I received a message from Eventim that the concert starting time has been moved ahead to 6:30pm for both days. 
    Does this mean that PJ might start earlier then? Would be great, so that they have plenty of time to not rush towards the curfew of 10pm. 

That would be great, but I don't think so. A support band plays beforehand...
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 339
    edited February 28
    Opening act at 6.30 pm. Maximum until 7.15 pm. Changeover and waiting for Pearl until 8 pm. Pearl Jam perform. At 9.50 pm, the band is completely surprised to learn that there is a 10 pm curfew for open air rock concerts in Berlin. A quick final song. Bye at 10 pm sharp. Jump to the next day. On July 3, the band is again completely surprised that there is a 10 pm curfew for rock concerts in Berlin. You know the rest ...
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,812
    Zen23 said:
    Opening act at 6.30 pm. Maximum until 7.15 pm. Changeover and waiting for Pearl until 8 pm. Pearl Jam perform. At 9.50 pm, the band is completely surprised to learn that there is a 10 pm curfew for open air rock concerts in Berlin. A quick final song. Bye at 10 pm sharp. Jump to the next day. On July 3, the band is again completely surprised that there is a 10 pm curfew for rock concerts in Berlin. You know the rest ...
    I get this being there in Berlin 2018 and all of the Fenway shows lol. 
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    Hahaha, I see. This might as well happen. Or they say fuck it and go overtime accepting the fine, as they did in 2018 I assume. 
  • Options
    edited March 8
    No. In 2018, the closing time was 10.30 pm. They also finished at the exact minute.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,812
    Zen23 said:
    No. In 2018, the closing time was 10.30 pm. They also finished at the exact minute.
    First time I heard that. Being at the show and talking to locals and security they all said it was a 10pm curfew.
  • Options
    In my Eventim page I now see a notification that the starting time is 4:30pm for 3rd of July. 
    Now this sounds more like it. 
    Even if it's the official entry time, this will make it possible for PJ to enter the stage at 7pm the latest. 

• Options
    This must be a display error. My Eventim account still says 6.30pm for both evenings.
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,276
    For me too...maybe it's the entry time.
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."