Options

Thank You PJ from one grateful man.

svoloshinsvoloshin Vancouver Posts: 3
   So watching the madness online the last couple of days and the sniping amongst fans have been sad to see. I personally know what its like to not be able to see a band that meant so much to me, and I've seen prices of shows these days, and its staggeringly atrocious. for that, I will say I do consider myself VERY lucky that I got a chance, and won the chance to get my 2 seats. Section 111, Row 17.
Like many of us, the seat locations were not where I'd have loved to have gotten them, but? At least for the first time, I was able to get tickets to watch this amazing band, and without shelling out thousands to do so. that was a blessing indeed.

Thing is, the last 4 years of my life indeed fell on dark days... My marriage, My Job, and my health, never mind the whole COVID nightmare... everything I knew or was had changed... and its been a struggle to rebuild everything, and dealing with the depression that ensued with such stressors.
So how special it is to have these tickets, for me? I'm over the moon blessed, regardless of location... This concert is my attempt to come out of my self imposed isolation, to return back to being the man I once was before being lost in the wilderness, and I cannot WAIT to share a moment of this bands music, with the fellow fan base who love them as I do for one special night.

I'm so extremely very grateful for the C10 lottery. I never thought I'd get a chance, honestly. I feel for everyone that's currently not gotten a chance yet. All I can say, is, remember some of us who haven't ever had this chance before. We finally can share in the pure joy being alive at this time where we can celebrate Pearl Jam Live, and in person.

So Again, from the bottom of my heart, and soul, Thank you for this.
now that's said? giddy up

Comments

• Options
    GIDDY UP!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 713
    svoloshin said:
       So watching the madness online the last couple of days and the sniping amongst fans have been sad to see. I personally know what its like to not be able to see a band that meant so much to me, and I've seen prices of shows these days, and its staggeringly atrocious. for that, I will say I do consider myself VERY lucky that I got a chance, and won the chance to get my 2 seats. Section 111, Row 17.
    Like many of us, the seat locations were not where I'd have loved to have gotten them, but? At least for the first time, I was able to get tickets to watch this amazing band, and without shelling out thousands to do so. that was a blessing indeed.

Thing is, the last 4 years of my life indeed fell on dark days... My marriage, My Job, and my health, never mind the whole COVID nightmare... everything I knew or was had changed... and its been a struggle to rebuild everything, and dealing with the depression that ensued with such stressors.
    So how special it is to have these tickets, for me? I'm over the moon blessed, regardless of location... This concert is my attempt to come out of my self imposed isolation, to return back to being the man I once was before being lost in the wilderness, and I cannot WAIT to share a moment of this bands music, with the fellow fan base who love them as I do for one special night.

I'm so extremely very grateful for the C10 lottery. I never thought I'd get a chance, honestly. I feel for everyone that's currently not gotten a chance yet. All I can say, is, remember some of us who haven't ever had this chance before. We finally can share in the pure joy being alive at this time where we can celebrate Pearl Jam Live, and in person.

So Again, from the bottom of my heart, and soul, Thank you for this.
    now that's said? giddy up
    Amen to that! Definitely some new challenges this time around but the seats I was assigned today in Vancouver are awesome. Thank you tenclub!! 
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 702
    Agree with the comments above. I wasn’t able to score via the lottery (it’s a lottery - we can’t all win), and didn’t get a verified code, but still happy to have had the opportunity. I’ll look via fan to fan, and if nothing materializes over the next number of months then oh well - life goes on.

Glad  to see the positivity of the OP and love the excitement of everyone leading up to a new tour and album.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,227
    Congrats OP! Enjoy it! Definitely a blessing. Positive thoughts for you!
  • Options
    Jason727Jason727 Massachusetts Posts: 14
    Good to see something positive posted today - hope you enjoy the show and congrats on scoring tickets!!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,095
    Congrats!  :)
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,956
     B)

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,342
    I’m grateful for 10C lottery in getting me a pair of tickets on my birthday weekend at Wrigley.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,524
    Congratulations! Hope the shows fill you with joy and enrich your soul as you get past the difficulties.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2