What kind(s) of Guitar(s) do you own?

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've only been playing for a couple of years, but I have a Shecter PT diamond series similar to the one Ed used for the Binaural tour (His is more expensive), and I've replaced the factory pickups with some Seymour Duncans (JB and a 59er). How bout you? and how long have you been playing?
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    I have a Mexican Strat and a Taylor Big Baby Acoustic. I have only been playing for about 1 1/2 years.
  • jimmy pjimmy p Posts: 71
    i have a Gibson Sg Special, saved up for ages to get it, picked it up in germany whilst i was over there (alot cheaper than in England).
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    -1995 fender american standard strat (handpainted by an ex-girlfriend and almost dead from abuse. the guitar, not the ex)
    -1996 fender american standard telecaster
    -1996 gibson les paul custom
    -2000 rickenbacker 330-12 string
    -2000 fender american series stratocaster
    -morgan concert mahogany w/ lr baggs pickup
    -taylor 355-12 string w/ lr baggs pickup
    -taylor baby
    (all left-handed)

for amps i have a fender 65 deluxe reverb re-issue and a line6 pod. i used primarily voodoo lab and line6 effects. some danelectro and boss too. lots of misc shit.

i record on a tascam 788 8-track digital hard-disk but i don't do it very well.

i should sell most of this stuff but can't bring myself to.

most everything is in these pictures:
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/studio1.jpg.JPG
    http://www3.telus.net/alcoholiday/studio2.jpg.JPG

playing for 8 years
  • jdesko23jdesko23 Posts: 32
    2001 gibson les paul studio, its the "gothic" one, except i bought it for a few reasons, one, i played it and it felt like no other guitar and it was perfect for me, 2, the sound is unbelievable, 3, the paint got messed up at the factory(turned out a different shade of black, lighter than the other ones, not as flat) so it looks cool as hell, and i figure its one of a kind, i love this one, its my baby.

1999 Ibanez RG 7 string, i think its like the 570 or 770 or somethin like that, idk, i got it as a present from my parents, dont play it too much, every once and a while

1997 epiphone strat that i bought for 80 bucks and chopped to pieces and made a "custom" strat, put in the david gilmour emg set, working on the paint and hardware, gonna by a warmoth neck

2003 Tacoma acoustic, i have no clue on the model, all i know is that it cost me 800 bucks

im lookin to buy another guitar comin up, tryin to figure out which one, im thinkin a ric or a v, maybe another LP.

oh yea, and if i remember right, wasnt eds guitar from 2000 just a schechter tele copy from the 80's?? if i remember right schecter got sued over it so they didtn make many and ed had one back in the day and he liked them so he brought em back for the 2000 tour, and i think schecter just "re-released" the PT's a couple years ago, but they have a arched top, they arent flat, like real teles and like the ones in the 80s, yes, i am a gear freak, and a loser, and, i could be wrong
  • I've got a new Standard Strat with brown sunburst and a maple neck, and black Epiphone Les Paul that I bought used several years ago, and and Epiphone PR-350M acoustic (my first).
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    1) 1999 Fender TeleSonic (Tele body with 24" scale and DeArmond 2k single-coil pickups. Mahogany body w/ hollow 'tone chambers')
    2) 1998 Fender Tele/Esquire (a Mexi Tele with a Seymour Duncan Quarter-Pounder in the bridge, no neck pickup)
    3) Les Paul (a no-name copy, really crappy electronics. just for fun)
    4) 195? Danelectro DC-2 (in bad need of restoration. i'm working on it)
    5) 1999 Fender P-Bass (Mexi standard)
    6) 1996 Yamaha F410 (acoustic-electric dreadnaught cut-away)
    7) 1995 Yamaha F310 (dreadnaught acoustic on it's last legs)
    8) Ventura ES Bass (just for fun)

Amps:
    1) Marshall JCM 800 4210 (2-channel, all tube)
    2) 1966 Fender Vibro-champ (blackface)
    3) Fender Roc-Pro (stage rig, very dependable)
    4) Galien-Krueger 400RB (series 1)
    5) Pignose (reissue of the original, just for fun)

Cabs:
    1) Crate Blue Voodoo 4 x 10" (blonde tolex, my baby)
    2) Sunn 6 x 10" (bass cab with JBL speakers, V-horn)

FX:
    Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
    Ibanez Digital Delay (rack unit)
    MXR Phase 90
    Ernie Ball Volume
    MXR Dyna Comp

Drums:
    Sonor Force 2001 Jazz/Fusion (20" kick, 10" and 14" toms, 14" snare)
    Sabian XS cymbals (14" hats, 16" & 18" crashes, 20" ride)

Peavey PA, some Shure mics, and odds and ends. I'm a gearhead.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • 59 Les paul ,,,,,,,Sweet, but afraid to take it anywhere
    68 SG
    old Guild Starfire
    home made Strat like thing
    a couple of Paul Reed Smiths ,,,,,,,,,,they go on the road
    Taylor 414.......sweet
    Martin old, great sound but high maintenance!
    the crappiest beat uppest Ibanez acoustic. goes to the beach, been too close to the campfire, autograghed by so many.
    More pieces of unfinished guitars and parts that I forget where they go than you could ever imagine.
    been playing for nearly 40 years.

I'm leaving tomorrow for a couple of months on tour and am just setting up my brand new Mexican jimmy vaughn strat. Those are great guitars for the buck. Great for the road.
    Mesa boogie and Fender Deluxe going with ,too
    Gone To California
  • TABBYCATTABBYCAT Posts: 118
    i have a les paul gibson epiphone i fell in love with from the first minute i saw it and a crappy acoustic
  • I don't have any, but my dad has a 1950 something Martin and a 1990 something Martin D-15. I play them all the time though, so I'll eventually inherit them.
    "He's a very strange young man."
    "He's an idiot. It comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots, too. Lorraine, you every have a kid that acts that way, I'll disown you."
  • viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    I have a black Fender - Squire Strat and a cheap Alpine acoustic.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • 1979 Gibson Les Paul Pro
    "Edges dulled... at the end of the day..."
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Wow 59 Les Paul!!! you guys got some great stuff.

I have a meger amount as of yet but my GAS is terminal.

87 Les Paul Studio beat to shit but plays like a dream because of that ebony fretboard.

93 American Strat Copy, back when Peavy made stuff in America with Lace sensors. It was my first guitar.

98 Fender DG-22CE Great all maple acoustic w/Fishman pretty good for 500 bucks but I really want a Taylor 414 or a Martin HD-28 at the time I had no money and I was in college. It's gotten me through the Open Mic scene admirably.

92 Fender Precison bass

Amps- My Baby- single channel Orange AD-15/12 15 watts no reverb no bullshit all tube with a Celestion Vintage 30. Absolutely Smokes especially recording.

I'm also looking for a 65 Vibrolux, Vibro Champ or Deluxe if anybody knows where to look.

My backup for now is a 91-92 Fender Ultimate Chorus, basically a solid state version of a Twin, Way Way too loud for apartment dwellers.

I also use a Boss BR-532 to record its a digital 4 track with all the acoutraments you need but no where near as etherial as my Orange.

Effects wise- I use a Keeley modded 3 way Rat as a volume/distortion booster, A David Barber Direct Drive (TS-808)
    A morley Bad Horsey at the moment and Boss and Danelectro stuff for Phase and Flange. Also I have a monument Compressor (Pharaoh) and A dyna comp soon to be sent to Analogman. Sent to Shannon modded and sold along with the Rat and the BD2, now I have a EGDM, Shannon Comp and Uniphase on the board. I've removed the DL4 and put the DD back in.

I'm looking for a univibe, and maybe fulltone 69 fuzz.

my next guitar will be a 62 reissue Strat in sunburst of course. Update, this is done

Good to see all you guys again.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • neenerbeanneenerbean Posts: 205
    My first guitar was/is a 1995 Fender Strat Squire - off white with a white pickguard.

My acoustic is also a Fender (hand-me-down).

My NEWEST guitar is a Fernades Dragonfly Pro - black and sparkley :D Very shibby.

ames
  • WhittyWhitty Posts: 61
    Hey,

Here is my setup:

Guitars:
    1996 Squier Standard Telecaster
    1999 Mahalo Ukelele

Amp:
    Marshall JCM 900 Head
    Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet

Effects:
    Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
    Boss PH-1 Phaser Pedal
    Digitech RP 200 Multi Effects

Accessories:
    E-Bow
    Dunlop Capo
    Dunlop Slide

Picks:
    Dunlop Tortex .50mm
    "It makes much more sense to live in the present tense."

Toronto 2000
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    St. John's (2x) 2005
    Boston 2010
    Hartford 2013
    Quebec City 2016
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    I have a crummy Samick (my first guitar, use it for abuse type situations) and a Sonic Blue Fender Jag-Stang (original not the reissue) rewired with a gibson type pup selector switch (those stock ones were so damn annoying) and a blue lace sensor in the neck and a hot gold lace sensor in the bridge. Soooo sweet and smooth sounding, I love this guitar.

For amps my old roommate killed my old crate amp but I have a Peavey Ultra 120 (not the best but I got the head and cab for only $250)

FX is
    Mooger Fooger Ring Modulator
    Keeley Modded Boss Ulra DS-1
    MJM London Fuzz
    Vox 848 Wah
    Guyatone MD-3 Delay
    Digitech Double Play delay/chorus
    Digitech 20/20 delay/flange/looper
    FoxRox Paradox Through-Zero-Flanger
    Roland SDE-1000 Digital Delay
    Yamahao E1005 Analog Delay
    Art FXR-1 Multi Effects processor
    Voodoo Lab Tremolo
    Prophecy Sounds Infinitphase on the way

I think that's it
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Wow, for what you spend on Effects you could have a few new amps. Try a rivera next time you go shopping but I think mesa or Diezel dare I say Soldano is more your speed.

I expect some lovetone stuff to be in your gear bio in the near future.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    haha you're right, but the majority of my effects were bought used. Only the MD-3, Mooger Fooger, Ultra DS-1, TZF and Infinitphase were purchased new.

What can I say I have a terminal case of GAS!
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    Me too!!! haha I think everyone gets that for their first guitar. I was so excited, I loved that thing.

now I have a custom accoustic/eletric martin and an accoustic/electric fender.

Originally posted by neenerbean
    My first guitar was/is a 1995 Fender Strat Squire - off white with a white pickguard.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    My 2 main guitars are Ibanez S470 series, one in black one in green. I also have a Montana acoustic and a Mexican Strat.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • warmoth vip custom mahogany body maple neck rosewood fretboard..just a clear satin finish...two bartolini humbuckers set in split coil..sperzel locking tuners all black hardware (thats my main guitar)

also have:

epiphone dot (custom work done made into a lefty) (im left handed)
    epiphone les paul (used for alternate tunings kept in dadgad a lot)
    yamaha drednought acoustic
    yamaha drednought 12 string acoustic
    hondo acoustic (converted into a fretless guitar...yes regular guitar not bass)
    epiphone les paul strung with 13 or 14's tuned down to B standard
    1960's harmony archtop acoustic
    fender american standard strat (but im selling this one)

rack:x
    furman power conditioner
    bbe sonic maximizer
    line 6 podxt pro
    mesa boogie 50/50 tube power amp

pedals:
    line 6 fbv shortboard
    boss d2 analog delay
    boss dd3 digital delay
    ibanez flanger (from original ts series back in early 80's)
    ibanez tube screamer
    #side note....all pedals are stored aside from the line 6 currently cause i am just using the effects from the podxt pro which are great.

cabs:
    custom 2x12 avatar (blonde with wheat grill) one vintage 30 and one g12h30.
    marshall 1965 4x10 slant cab (gonna replace with the a 2x12 in the same basic casing but the 12's are diagonal.)
    i remember you...i was gonna vote for you one time...but voting isn't cool so i stayed home and got trashed on listerine.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i love looking at warmoth's site. i wish i could just splurge and build the perfect guitar with their stuff. a rear-routed thinline telecaster with a maple top, lefthanded, with a strat neck. mmmmmm
    Originally posted by dannyschmanny
    warmoth vip custom mahogany body maple neck rosewood fretboard..just a clear satin finish...two bartolini humbuckers set in split coil..sperzel locking tuners all black hardware (thats my main guitar)
  • ive got a 02 sunburst mexican tele, and a yamaha acoustic. this is just the beginning for me.ive got huge plans for my gear collection over the next few years. ive just gotta get a job and stay away from girls..
    if i had known then what i know now...
  • Originally posted by El_Kabong

FX is
    Mooger Fooger Ring Modulator
    Keeley Modded Boss Ulra DS-1
    MJM London Fuzz
    Vox 848 Wah
    Guyatone MD-3 Delay
    Digitech Double Play delay/chorus
    Digitech 20/20 delay/flange/looper
    FoxRox Paradox Through-Zero-Flanger
    Roland SDE-1000 Digital Delay
    Yamahao E1005 Analog Delay
    Art FXR-1 Multi Effects processor
    Voodoo Lab Tremolo
    Prophecy Sounds Infinitphase on the way

I think that's it [/B]

El_Kabong! You've got the echoest rig! More power to you if you can make it work!
    I have a bunch of that stuff but in a live situation, I am too clutzy to make it all work! I feel like Ozzy trying to make his cable tv work! All I can get to work for me on stage is my old pink Ibanez analog delay , my tube screamer and a wah. That way, green ,,,and pink and black for my simple head. (And my fender deluxe or boogie on "10".)
    Now I don't even have that, cause it got shipped today to Europe along with a couple of guitars, but the tour was postponed a week or two. I hope to see my little babies again!
    Gone To California
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    acoustic-electrin Takamine of some sorts...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    [1995 fender american standard strat (handpainted by an ex-girlfriend and almost dead from abuse. the guitar, not the ex)
    -1996 fender american standard telecaster
    -1996 gibson les paul custom
    -2000 rickenbacker 330-12 string
    -2000 fender american series stratocaster
    -morgan concert mahogany w/ lr baggs pickup
    -taylor 355-12 string w/ lr baggs pickup
    -taylor baby
    (all left-handed)

for amps i have a fender 65 deluxe reverb re-issue and a line6 pod. i used primarily voodoo lab and line6 effects. some danelectro and boss too. lots of misc shit.

i record on a tascam 788 8-track digital hard-disk but i don't do it very well.

i should sell most of this stuff but can't bring myself to.

lol about trying to sell that stuff. I've been trying to get rid of a bunch of amps and pedals and stuff for years, when I get I get something out to sell, oh, like a pedal, I check it out, put in a fresh battery, then use it,,,then it says to me "Nooooo,,,,,,,,,,,please don't sell me!!!!!!!!!!! remember when you used to play me all the time." Then I can't bring myself to sell it. Back in the box!
    Gone To California
  • Ibanez Artcore AS73. blue.
    i wish i was the verb "to trust" and never let you down

tremorvoid - "id rather you smashed your member into me instead"
  • corduroycorduroy Posts: 117
    been playing for 8 years..
    i currently have...
    1998 Fender Am. Standard Tele : All black including the pickguard.
    19?? Epiphone G-400 (SG) Red. I replaced the bridge pickup which was not potted with a Gibson P-94...I LOVE IT!!!
    199? Black (Korean) Fender Acoustic....best Acoustic I've EVER played!!

My Amp is a 1990's Fender Blues Jr. (Tweed)

FX Pedals: Ibanez TS-9, 1980 Morley Deluxe Distortion (Got it at a mom & pop store for $70....great old discontinued pedal!!

......i don't really play out!
    1994 - Cleveland, 1998 - Cleveland, 2000 - Columbus, 2003 - Cleveland/Columbus, 2006 - Cleveland, 2009 - Philly 1, 2010 - Columbus/Cleveland, 2013 - Pittsburgh/Buffalo, 2014 - Cincy/Detroit, 2016-Lexington/Wrigley #1, 2018- Fenway 1, 2022-Nashville, 2024-Seattle1/Noblesville/Baltimore
  • I have a Standard Fender Strat.
    "It's not British music, it's American music. Now c'mon." -Bob Dylan
  • morockamorocka Posts: 26
    -1996 PRS McCarty
    -1997 SG Special
    - Ibanez S470
    -198?- G&L Broadcaster
    - Takaminie G-series Acoustic

-JCM 2000 TSl 100 Head
    -A bunch of amps that I don't use much anymore

-Cry Baby Wah
    -Morely A-B box
    -Boss Effects
    (Phase Shifter, D-5 delay, DS-1, EQ, Matal Zone, Chromatic Tuner)
    -A bunch of processors that I don't use much anymore
    "Give me the ringer dude,chop,chop!"
  • guitars
    -58' flametop reissued gibson les paul
    -epiphone les paul w/ pickup mods
    -carvin bolt-t
    -takamine g501s
    -martin d-15
    -fender p-bass
    -warwick corvette bass

amps
    -100watt marshall jcm 2000