Ten Club is now obsolete

I put in for one show - Night 2 Wrigley- and did not receive lottery or qualify for the TM presale. What am I paying for?  What a shit show disaster and I am so disappointed 

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited February 23
    Sucks.  But, I expect that on a per show basis, the fan club is dishing out more tickets to fan club members than prior to 2020.  At some point, someone is going to miss out.   I've said before, the culprit is households putting in duplicate requests for 3-4 people (parents, kids) in the house.  You'll see a lot unloaded on fan 2 fan, but you did put in for a Top 5 show based on demand on the tour.  Not obsolete at all. 

I got fan club tickets to Vegas, Dublin, Barcelona x 2, Auckland and Melbourne.  Worked out pretty damn well and easy. Plus they were reasonably priced versus what the cost would be on the secondary or non-fan club market.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Sucks.  But, I expect that on a per show basis, the fan club is dishing out more tickets to fan club members than prior to 2020.  At some point, someone is going to miss out.   I've said before, the culprit is households putting in duplicate requests for 3-4 people (parents, kids) in the house.  You'll see a lot unloaded on fan 2 fan, but you did put in for a Top 5 show based on demand on the tour.  
    How do we know there are more tickets than ever? They might only get a few rows in a section.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    When they had most of the house in Chicago last year and Camden in 2022, they told us. I didn't see any such language this time around. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sucks.  But, I expect that on a per show basis, the fan club is dishing out more tickets to fan club members than prior to 2020.  At some point, someone is going to miss out.   I've said before, the culprit is households putting in duplicate requests for 3-4 people (parents, kids) in the house.  You'll see a lot unloaded on fan 2 fan, but you did put in for a Top 5 show based on demand on the tour.  
    How do we know there are more tickets than ever? They might only get a few rows in a section.  
    It's anecdotal, but I've seen way more happy people in the lottery threads the past few years than I have in other years past.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,839
    edited February 23
    I'm as down on this process as anyone, but after seeing how this verified fan sale went today (I didn't register, stupidly), the fact that you even have a chance for fanclub tickets before that shit show is a good thing. I just hate how they changed the way they do it. I preferred the priority system where you prioritized this show over that show, or this seating arrangement at one show over another. It was annoying to see people get tickets to multiple shows when I got shut out of the one I tried for. In fairness though, I was trying for the hardest ticket (Philly night 1)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    AlaG said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It's anecdotal, but I've seen way more happy people in the lottery threads the past few years than I have in other years past.
    I based it on what they said last time and the appearance that more people got tickets.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    How many more threads do we need about ticket prices and 10c tickets? I’m feeling 4 or 5 more will really get the point across. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    edited February 23
    I put in for one show - Night 2 Wrigley- and did not receive lottery or qualify for the TM presale. What am I paying for?  What a shit show disaster and I am so disappointed 
    One of the things you're paying for is the opportunity to buy tickets at face value before people who are not in the Ten Club. Unfortunately for you this time, you did not win the lottery. Perhaps you have won in prior years. Perhaps not. But tens of thousands of Ten Club members-- quite possibly more than a hundred thousand members-- got tickets as a result of this opportunity. If you think that would still be true if it was a free-for-all with no Ten Club lottery, you are wrong.
    Post edited by BF25394 on
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    edited February 23
    If it was none of us would have gotten tickets

I miss igotid88
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Rock n Roll is quickly becoming obsolete. Enjoy it while you can 
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,242
    Clearly not obsolete. You’re able to communicate your thoughts on this message board because of Ten Club. Thanks Ten Club!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    I'm here for the repetitive posts/threads that pop up before and after every ticket sale.
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    If there was no tenclub this would have been 1000 times worse.  They still managed to get a lot of tix for a lot of fans.  If no tenclub an even larger portion will go to scammers and bots and we’d all be having to pay 1k a ticket.  It sucks the some people got shut out and ideally they would be able to balance that out a little better, but your also limited by Ticketmasters capabilities and probably the timeline of putting the tour together.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I mean, it feels like their ticketing power diminishes a bit with every tour, but I still seem to do ok.   I suppose it helps to live in a smaller market.
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    edited February 23
    I miss camping out at Tower Records for tickets after learning a band is coming to town from the "Pink Pages" of the S.F. Chronicle.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • LukinTimerLukinTimer Posts: 538
    I miss camping out at Tower Records for tickets after learning a band is coming to town from the "Pink Pages" of the S.F. Chronicle.
    OMG... I miss Tower Records so much!! Great band in stores, standing in line for tickets.... youth ;-)... it was GREAT!!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • I am being a bitch probably, so I def agree it would be harder without 10c. But I think the old priority system would have helped people get at least their first choice.
  • AFJAMMERAFJAMMER Posts: 77
    bootleg said:
    If there was no tenclub this would have been 1000 times worse.  They still managed to get a lot of tix for a lot of fans.  If no tenclub an even larger portion will go to scammers and bots and we’d all be having to pay 1k a ticket.  It sucks the some people got shut out and ideally they would be able to balance that out a little better, but your also limited by Ticketmasters capabilities and probably the timeline of putting the tour together.
    If….

Ticketmaster would sell tickets that are not transferable to the public like they do to us members, it would eliminate high prices and only being able to sell
    at face value on their site. 

I think F2F is great. Even though I got tickets this tour, I’ll probably be in there trying to upgrade my seat at face value. I can see how many people are considering leaving with F2F as an option. Neither is guaranteed, but we pay money for 1 of them. 
    9/1/00
    5/28/06
    7/6/06
    AFJAMMER said:
    bootleg said:
    If….

Ticketmaster would sell tickets that are not transferable to the public like they do to us members, it would eliminate high prices and only being able to sell

I think F2F is great. Even though I got tickets this tour, I’ll probably be in there trying to upgrade my seat at face value. I can see how many people are considering leaving with F2F as an option. Neither is guaranteed, but we pay money for 1 of them. 
    All tickets are non-transferable (except in IL and NY). 
    SHZA said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    bootleg said:
    If….

10c tickets and verified fan are non-transferable. General sales are transferable. 

If Ticketmaster made it to non-transferrable and only able to sell F2F, it would eliminate the bots and scalpers. 
    9/1/00
    5/28/06
    7/6/06
    AFJAMMER said:
    SHZA said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    bootleg said:
    If….

10c tickets and verified fan are non-transferable. General sales are transferable. 

If Ticketmaster made it to non-transferrable and only able to sell F2F, it would eliminate the bots and scalpers. 
    False
  • ME10280ME10280 Posts: 35
    I registered through Ten Club AND as a verified fan through TM.  Is it the same thing? 

I got my code through TM but I got it over an hour after the sale started, so only shitty seats were available in Chicago.  I haven't been notified for anything by Ten Club.  Can you get a code & win Ten Club lottery tix?
  • AlaG said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I based it on what they said last time and the appearance that more people got tickets.  
    In past history, there certainly a lot more "I'm gutted" posts. Thats for sure
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    ME10280 said:
    I registered through Ten Club AND as a verified fan through TM.  Is it the same thing? 

I got my code through TM but I got it over an hour after the sale started, so only shitty seats were available in Chicago.  I haven't been notified for anything by Ten Club.  Can you get a code & win Ten Club lottery tix?
    The 10C lottery is a separate thing you sign up for that draws way before the TM sale and it is where most of the best tickets and most of the tickets period to a lot of the shows are allocated. Not registering for it is missing out on the biggest perk of the 10C. Anyone can register for the TM sale. You don't have to be in the 10C to do that.
    If it’s not true, how would bots and scammers be able to charge $1k for the ticket that’s non-transferable? If non-transferable and only available on F2F, StubHub wouldn’t be able to get ahold of them unless they came from the venue or outside TM. 
    9/1/00
    5/28/06
    7/6/06
    AFJAMMER said:
    If it’s not true, how would bots and scammers be able to charge $1k for the ticket that’s non-transferable? If non-transferable and only available on F2F, StubHub wouldn’t be able to get ahold of them unless they came from the venue or outside TM. 
    The brokers have figured out ways to evade the transfer restrictions. See this article as an example 

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxjqz4/the-cure-tried-to-stop-scalpers-brokers-are-selling-entire-ticketmaster-accounts-instead 

edited February 23
    AlaG said:
    ME10280 said:

The 10C lottery is a separate thing you sign up for that draws way before the TM sale and it is where most of the best tickets and most of the tickets period to a lot of the shows are allocated. Not registering for it is missing out on the biggest perk of the 10C. Anyone can register for the TM sale. You don't have to be in the 10C to do that.
    So the email I got from TM for the tickets I got for N1 & N2 in Chicago was actually from Ten Club?  It didn't say Ten Club anywhere.  Got GA for N1 & FLD N Row 20 for N2 at Wrigley.  I've been pretty lucky in the past with the old lottery system.  I've been a member since 1998, # 140,000.  Also got the TM code, but didn't need it.

I'm not complaining at all.  I'm just confused.
    Post edited by ME10280 on
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    edited February 23
    ME10280 said:
    AlaG said:
    ME10280 said:

So the email I got from TM for the tickets I got for N1 & N2 in Chicago was actually from Ten Club?  It didn't say Ten Club anywhere.  Got GA for N1 & FLD N Row 20 for N2 at Wrigley.  I've been pretty lucky in the past with the old lottery system.  I've been a member since 1998, # 140,000.  Also got the TM code, but didn't need it.

Ticketmaster ran the lottery this year, so everything comes from/through them. If you got GA, that's from the 10C lottery. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • AFJAMMER said:
    Because even though they aren't "transferrable", there is always a way. They have already figured out how to do this. 

I know a guy with lots of money. He gets 10c pit tixs for every show he goes to. Bought via a third party. 
    mpedone said:
    ME10280 said:
    AlaG said:
    ME10280 said:

Ticketmaster ran the lottery this year, so everything comes from/through them. If you got GA, that's from the 10C lottery. 
    Thanks.  I just wasn't sure if I needed an email from Ten Club as well.  Thank for the clarification.