4 tickets per *Household*???

my wife and i both hit VF for Seattle1.

None of our friends did. So we thought we'd be able to get tix for everyone. I scored 4 on my account, and when she went to buy 2 more, it said "ticket limit exceeded". We used a different CC. Even tried an older one with a different billing address (still active though). 

has it always been like this and i just didnt notice?

Comments

• Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 90
    bump for answers, surely i cant be the only one who experience this?
  • Maybe they’re tracking IP addresses or something technical like that?
    Maybe they’re tracking IP addresses or something technical like that?

yeah maybe that was it? Oh well all the VF tix are gone now so it's not like i can try another way. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Wolf359 said:

None of our friends did. So we thought we'd be able to get tix for everyone. I scored 4 on my account, and when she went to buy 2 more, it said "ticket limit exceeded". We used a different CC. Even tried an older one with a different billing address (still active though). 

What I have done in the past when two accounts are being used in my apartment is to have one on the computer, and the other on a cell phone with the wifi turned off. That way, they are not connected by the same IP address.

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 23
    Wolf359 said:

What is the maximum number of tickets I can request per show?

Ten Club members may request up to two (2) tickets per show for this tour. When shopping for tickets during the Registration Sale, you may purchase up to four (4) additional tickets per arena show and six (6) tickets per stadium show.

https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2024/?fbclid=PAAaaHyxAIsov_55E1GAI5MQ6jLoY6atob8YpjpJ8YYZKfaTZGofr5vH3-__Q_aem_AVGiUmLkfvEehV8kl2pVnmFsQqENKRvRX0QsCjvO9w2ig0o4jXD5bfQiZEJXUnet2A4 

Why is there a ticket limit?

Event Organizers can choose to set a ticket limit on an event to discourage unfair ticket buying practices. This ticket limit is posted during the purchase process and is verified with every transaction.

Multiple Ticketmaster accounts may not be used to circumvent or exceed published ticket limits. This includes accounts or orders associated with the same name, email address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

https://ticketmaster-us.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/9781245025937-Why-is-there-a-ticket-limit 

Post edited by SHZA on
    SHZA said:
    Wolf359 said:

Ticket Limits

There is a four (4) ticket limit for this event.

Event Organizers can choose to set a ticket limit on an event to discourage unfair ticket buying practices. This ticket limit is posted during the purchase process and is verified with every transaction.

Multiple Ticketmaster accounts may not be used to circumvent or exceed published ticket limits. This includes accounts or orders associated with the same name, email address, billing address, credit card number or other information.

https://ticketmaster-us.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/9781245025937-Why-is-there-a-ticket-limit 

Right, but when we used a different billing address, it still flagged us. Which means it may have looked at past orders? Or IP based.
    Wolf359 said:
    SHZA said:
    Wolf359 said:

Ticket Limits

Right, but when we used a different billing address, it still flagged us. Which means it may have looked at past orders? Or IP based.
    Sounds like you tried to use a different billing address by adding a new credit card. But if other cards previously used on the account had the same address, then her account and your account would be associated with the same billing address. 
    SHZA said:
    Wolf359 said:
    SHZA said:
    Wolf359 said:

Ticket Limits

Sounds like you tried to use a different billing address by adding a new credit card. But if other cards previously used on the account had the same address, then her account and your account would be associated with the same billing address. 

Correct. I even tried deleting all the other cards from her account. Same result. So either TM associates "history" of billing addresses and/or uses IP addresses to identify a "household". The latter makes less sense because two different people could be in a college library trying to get tickets. And if it's the former, it's a little odd too--what if we split up down the road? Is our TM history going to stick with us forever? 
    Wolf359 said:
    SHZA said:
    Wolf359 said:
    SHZA said:
    Wolf359 said:

Ticket Limits

Correct. I even tried deleting all the other cards from her account. Same result. So either TM associates "history" of billing addresses and/or uses IP addresses to identify a "household". The latter makes less sense because two different people could be in a college library trying to get tickets. And if it's the former, it's a little odd too--what if we split up down the road? Is our TM history going to stick with us forever? 
    Right, I don't think it's the IP. Pretty sure it's a billing address/household. I recall last year a guy had reached the limit and kept getting the error message after switching to his spouse's account. If it was the IP you could just try the other account on cellular but I doubt that would work. Not sure how they would handle a split. Maybe an old address would fall off after a certain time or customer care could disassociate the old address.