Options

Verified Fan/10C

I think the Verified Fan is really terrible. Big fans of bands should not be locked out of even trying for tickets. This was huge issue in the Springsteen world and obviously also impacting other fans of other artists. However, as we're seeing today, in the Pearl Jam world to as it pertains to 10C members, it's particularly offensive. It's completely understandable that the 10C draw is a lottery and you may not get tickets to the show you want but then to be told as a fan club member, some dating back decades, you can't even try for tickets is mind boggling.

The artist has to agree to use Verified Fan. The Stones didn't use it. My suggestion is that at the very minimum, if Pearl Jam is going to use it, they should make sure that all 10C members are automatically verified.

Comments

• Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited February 23
    Verified fan is just a way for Ticketmaster to do market research before the actual sale happens and that it's sold as anything else to either the artists or fans of the artists is incredibly disingenuous and insulting. Seems like the Stones management might have seen it for what it actually is.
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 502
    edited February 23
    AlaG said:
    Verified fan is just a way for Ticketmaster to do market research before the actual sale happens and that it's sold as anything else to either the artists or fans of the artists is incredibly disingenuous and insulting. Seems like the Stones management might have seen it for what it actually is.
    Yes, it's a data mining operation but regardless of that, it's being used and it's impacting fans. As I said above, if they're going to use it, Peal Jam should insure that fan club members get codes.