Marshall AVT150

|-Release-||-Release-| Posts: 90
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
yesterday i played one of these in a rehearsal studio. wow...i couldn't believe the sound..i could dial in any sound i wanted and i instantly fell in love with it. i currently only have a 10W practise amp. my first question..is the AVT range tube amps? i pretty sure they are but i just wanna make sure. i am looking to buy a new amp and would really like this one, however, i would never put a 150W to use in the near future (if ever) so i was wondering whether the smaller wattage amps in the AVT range are worth taking a look at? are they of a similar to standard to their big brothers or does the lack of wattage make a difference in tone. i would like to use this amp in practising/rehearsal/small gig venue..so nothing too big, but plenty loud enough to keep up with my very aggressive drumming friend :P . are there any other amps i should look at that produce similar tones to these amps? any help will be appreciated. thankyou very much :).

link to the amp i used : http://www.marshallamps.com/images/avt2000/avt150.html
seems that needlessly its getting harder
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The AVT series is what they call a hybrid. Tube Preamp Solid State poweramp.

You can find more information at http://www.marshallamps.com

http://www.marshallamps.com/images/avt2000/avtwhatisavt.html
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    It's on my wishlist...has been for like a year!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    when you buy it, try it out with a few different guitar cabinets, speakers make a huge difference in how the tone is translated.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Originally posted by Pacomc79
    when you buy it, try it out with a few different guitar cabinets, speakers make a huge difference in how the tone is translated.

i cant imagine i would need a cabinet. this amp is LOUD. and its not like i'm gonna be playing any huge gigs any time soon. however, could you suggest any? just incase i happened to come across one that was a bargain.
    seems that needlessly its getting harder
    Ah, Ok so it's the combo version.

I really like the Marshall TV cabs. (Greenback Celestions)

Orange Cabinets (also Greenback Celestions)

Hiwatt Cabs

Marshall 1960AX's (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Hell that's just for starters man, just find a bunch in the store with different speakers at different rated wattages and try it out. It may take a while to find your own sound, but different cabs make a big difference in how the tone of the amp is translated.