Options

Ticket Prices

hill.langhill.lang Posts: 8
edited February 23 in The Porch
Hi 10C, 
I've been a HUGE fan of this band since 1993. I've also been a member of this club more often than not since then. I let my subscription lapse in 2020 and I now know from reading your posts that means that it's very unlikely that I would get tickets through the club (with the exceptions of nosebleeds at Wrigley perhaps due to the capacity there). I used to try to get up close to see the band back in the day, which just resulted in being crushed and having to be pulled out (that happened twice), and i wound up with bruised ribs the first time. i then saw them at some distance, from the side bleachers, four times, with no problems. Great! Last year, I had to go to Canada from Upstate New York (I live 2 hours from MSG) to get tix slightly below $200 for the last album tour. I'm old now (first saw them when i was 17),  so don't remember name of last album - the glacier one! lol. It's a great album. Decent tickets, AWESOME show, but guy with a spliff next to me the whole time and i forgot earplugs (yes apparently I now need earplugs at 48). This time, i requested tickets for Philly at the $185 dollar price from the Ten Club, no dice. This morning, I just sat waiting for 40 minutes for the Philly presale and realized that i could get a seat right up front, hurray!!! ... for $900. The cheapest tickets in the whole place, kid you not, were $608. Folks, what is going on? Apparently, yes, people will pay that, but I won't - even though I deeply love this band. I can't justify it in any logical way (unless I was making maybe 200K a year?). I'm so fed up. I want to be a fan seeing shows, but i don't understand why it's often been so difficult. How can $608 be an average ticket price?
"I'm like an opening band for the sun." -edved
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Options
    Ticket master is still punishing the band for bringing an anti trust lawsuit against them back in the 1990s.. There is no other way to explain why  u can score metallica and tool tickets for face day 1 but not pearl jam. This premium thing is a complete f you to the band and its fans and there is nothing the band can do about it other than not tour. Ticketmaster controls everything!
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    FWIW seniority in the 10C has no bearing whatsoever on your likelihood of getting drawn for tickets. Just the location of the tickets if you are drawn. Someone who joined in 93 is just as likely to get tickets as someone who joined last month.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 90
    Ticket master is still punishing the band for bringing an anti trust lawsuit against them back in the 1990s.. There is no other way to explain why  u can score metallica and tool tickets for face day 1 but not pearl jam. This premium thing is a complete f you to the band and its fans and there is nothing the band can do about it other than not tour. Ticketmaster controls everything!

Ticketmaster happily plays "The bad guy" for all artists.

The artist has control over platinum/premium.

• Options
    you do know that most of that "premium " money goes directly to the band. Ticketbastard just gets their usual 20 percent
  • Options
    edited February 23
    you do know that most of that "premium " money goes directly to the band. Ticketbastard just gets their usual 20 percent
    Yes i get that but its ticketmaster fucking with prices not the band, TM wants to maximize their 20% take by inflating prices by unreasonable amounts. Yes fan of other bands have to deal with the premium stuff too but the premium prices ticket master sets for most other bands not named Taylor swift are not nearly as high out the starting gate as pearl jam. Last i checked pearl jam was not as popular as taylor swift. Ticketmaster dont like pearl jam, its their middle finger to the band and their fans. Also
    we dont know that the band is happy with this premium pricing , it might be the only way they can get TM to agree to the 10 club ticket blocks being held and sold at face value.
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,482
    edited February 23
    C'mon man, Tool and Metallica are selling VIP packages and platinum tickets that are even more expensive 
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 623
    hill.lang said:
    Hi 10C, 
    I've been a HUGE fan of this band since 1993. I've also been a member of this club more often than not since then. I let my subscription lapse in 2020 and I now know from reading your posts that means that it's very unlikely that I would get tickets through the club (with the exceptions of nosebleeds at Wrigley perhaps due to the capacity there). I used to try to get up close to see the band back in the day, which just resulted in being crushed and having to be pulled out (that happened twice), and i wound up with bruised ribs the first time. i then saw them at some distance, from the side bleachers, four times, with no problems. Great! Last year, I had to go to Canada from Upstate New York (I live 2 hours from MSG) to get tix slightly below $200 for the last album tour. I'm old now (first saw them when i was 17),  so don't remember name of last album - the glacier one! lol. It's a great album. Decent tickets, AWESOME show, but guy with a spliff next to me the whole time and i forgot earplugs (yes apparently I now need earplugs at 48). This time, i requested tickets for Philly at the $185 dollar price from the Ten Club, no dice. This morning, I just sat waiting for 40 minutes for the Philly presale and realized that i could get a seat right up front, hurray!!! ... for $900. The cheapest tickets in the whole place, kid you not, were $608. Folks, what is going on? Apparently, yes, people will pay that, but I won't - even though I deeply love this band. I can't justify it in any logical way (unless I was making maybe 200K a year?). I'm so fed up. I want to be a fan seeing shows, but i don't understand why it's often been so difficult. How can $608 be an average ticket price?
    First, start smoking weed. Then, chill out and wait for Fan2Fan to open, and you should be able to find a ticket to one of the Philly shows eventually.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,642
    how many of these threads do we need?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    edited February 23
    SHZA said:
    C'mon man, Tool and Metallica are selling VIP packages and platinum tickets that are even more expensive 

Not more expensive the big difference is every seat being sold atm for pearl jam is premium pricing even nose bleeds this was not the case for tool or Metallica 
    Post edited by Getoutofmyfuckinface on
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,482
    edited February 23
    SHZA said:

Not more expensive the big difference is every seat being sold atm for pearl jam is premium pricing even nose bleeds this was not the case for tool or Metallica 
    That just means the face value seats sold out already. Mostly through the fan club lottery which those bands don't have 
  • Options
    exploderballexploderball Posts: 159
    edited February 23
    When I opened this thread I thought the complaint was going to be the high cost of face value tickets. My single 10C ticket for Sacramento was $193. Sucks no matter which way you slice it.
    Post edited by exploderball on
This discussion has been closed.