TM Tickets only transferable 72 hours prior to showtime?

PJPJ Posts: 285
If you wanted to transfer 10c tix or registration tix to a fellow 10c buddy whos all going for different shows within a friend group, can you not do this until just prior to showtime? Does anyone have experience with this, like can you email 10c? Or do you have to actually exchange monies on the TM marketplace? Just curious the options.

Thanks!
2006-06-01 E. Rutherford 1
2008-06-24 NYC: MSG 1
2008-06-25 NYC: MSG 2

Comments

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,752
    Last year we couldn’t transfer them at all. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • You cannot transfer tickets at any time.  Hasn't that been made clear yet?  Sheesh people.
    Gorge
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    Except in IL and NY. And outside of north America I believe 
  • PJPJ Posts: 285
    I know 10c tix are non-transferable I was talking about the registered presale?

"For fans in North America who can’t use their tickets, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange beginning at a later date to give fans the best chance to buy tickets at face value," it states. "To help protect the Exchange, Pearl Jam has also chosen to make tickets for this tour mobile only and restricted from transfer. This applies to all shows except those in Illinois and New York where non-transferability is prohibited by law. You must have a valid bank account or debit card within the country of the event(s) in order to sell through the Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange."
  • You can't transfer to your ticket buddy.  You can re-sell through Ticketmaster.  Your tickets just get sent back into the pool for anyone to purchase.  SHZA is correct - you can transfer in NY and IL
    Gorge
    No difference between 10c and registered sale 
  • PJPJ Posts: 285
    well....shi*..... 
    PJ said:
    well....shi*..... 
    But what you said about exchanging money on the TM marketplace is true. You can list them for sale and give your friend a heads up but they'd be up for grabs for anyone else. Or you could share your TM login 
  • phd16phd16 Posts: 2
    Anyone have two tix for the Sept 15th Boston show? I have two extra for the 17th and would love to trade. 
  • BombadilBombadil Posts: 1
    I got 2 10C tix for seattle show #1 and my daughter also got 2 10C tix for seattle show #1- She wants to give those tickets to me so I have 4 for Seattle show #1. It is a gift, not a sale- is there a way to do this?  Any ideas who to contact?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Bombadil said:
    I got 2 10C tix for seattle show #1 and my daughter also got 2 10C tix for seattle show #1- She wants to give those tickets to me so I have 4 for Seattle show #1. It is a gift, not a sale- is there a way to do this?  Any ideas who to contact?
    Have her share her TM login with you. One of your party signs into your account, another into hers. You all walk in together. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Robdog983Robdog983 Posts: 143
    JimmyV said:
    Bombadil said:
    Have her share her TM login with you. One of your party signs into your account, another into hers. You all walk in together. 
    I’m a little confused at all of this. Can someone please explain to me, IF one were to purchase tix from say, stubhub or vivid seats, where the problem is? I know someone who has done so and gotten in without a problem. The ticket is automatically transferred via the TM account from the original buyer to the new buyer once the transaction was made. The new buyer now has that ticket in their TM account and can add it to their wallet on their mobile device. I’m just perplexed at all of the stuff I’m reading about non-transferability. But if someone can smarten me up, I’d appreciate it. (no sarcasm) Thanks in advance 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Robdog983 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Bombadil said:
    I’m a little confused at all of this. Can someone please explain to me, IF one were to purchase tix from say, stubhub or vivid seats, where the problem is? I know someone who has done so and gotten in without a problem. The ticket is automatically transferred via the TM account from the original buyer to the new buyer once the transaction was made. The new buyer now has that ticket in their TM account and can add it to their wallet on their mobile device. I’m just perplexed at all of the stuff I’m reading about non-transferability. But if someone can smarten me up, I’d appreciate it. (no sarcasm) Thanks in advance 
    For many tickets you can transfer them this way. However, Pearl Jam tickets are not transferable except for MSG and Wrigley (where state laws require that option to be available). For the rest of the shows if you were to buy a ticket from stubhub or another secondary seller they will not be able to transfer the tickets to your account. They are not supposed to be selling them, but obviously it is impossible to prevent. So, what they do is sell the actual TM account. But in all cases, except for MSG and Wrigley you will not be able to transfer the tickets into your own TM account or wallet. It is a risk buying from those sites.