decision time.

|-Release-||-Release-| Posts: 90
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
decision time...ok, i could get a peavey classic 50 at an absolute bargain price on ebay right now, or i could wait and get a marshall avt100. now i've never played a classic 50 and i was wondering what shall i get (i dont have time to go try one out) what do you guys think?

i play pearl jam, neil young, smashing pumpkins, soundgarden sometimes, errm, you get the picture. please gimme an idea. thanks. :)
seems that needlessly its getting harder
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ShredShred Posts: 28
    get the peavey my friend
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I'd get the Peavey. They're good amps.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    think of the children. don't buy an AVT.
  • i still have some time to decide. would i be able to reprouce tones off of ten/vs with a peavey classic 50 and heavier pumpkins tones...sometimes, i like my distortion to be mean :P, and i wanna know if this amp can do it. im not a big fan of pedals. especially distortion. i like a simple set up of a guitar, amp, maybe delay and maybe chorus and thats it.
    seems that needlessly its getting harder
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by |-Release-|
    decision time...ok, i could get a peavey classic 50 at an absolute bargain price on ebay right now, or i could wait and get a marshall avt100. now i've never played a classic 50 and i was wondering what shall i get (i dont have time to go try one out) what do you guys think?

i play pearl jam, neil young, smashing pumpkins, soundgarden sometimes, errm, you get the picture. please gimme an idea. thanks. :)

without blinking the Classic 50.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • The classic 50's are ok, but they don't compare to the fender hotrod's in my opinion.