Play Michigan, you pussies! (Official Petition)

Pine Knob, Little Caesars, Comerica, Van Andel, Wings event center? You name it boys, we’re ready and we’ll give you the ride of your lives

I’ll start it…
Signed:
1. Steven C

Now where’s my tenclub Michigan fam? 

FWIW I genuinely don’t intend for this to be a complaint thread 🤙🤙🤙
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .

Comments

• TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,381
    edited February 22
    Where's the Delta Plex at when you need it?
    Post edited by Travelar on
  • JD87070JD87070 Posts: 245
    Wings Events Center! As if this thread wasn’t grasping enough!!! Would be amazing though, saw Tool and The Melvins there summer of ‘98, incredible (and HOT) evening.

Doubt they’ll ever play Pine Knob again, they hated it in ‘03-only because the venue was ahead of the rest of the country in selling corporate season tickets and having advertising to each side of the stage, which everywhere does now. Made for a great pissed off Eddie show though!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    Yes, please! It's been too long. We were just at the Little Cesars arena for a hockey game, and it would be awesome for a show.
  • Aw man, the Delta Plex-- felt so tiny!  I remember the guy behind me was pleading for Footsteps all night-- and when they played it...well, it was a moment for that guy!  And Eddie's Sheryl Crow/Big Boy encore break in Clarkston-- epic!  

The state, really, is pretty great and the Detroit-area is super concert-supportive. No reason not to come here other than they only like playing the same 5 cities over and over.  I'm between Detroit and Lansing, so at least Chicago, Indy, Cleveland and Pitt are all in 'reasonable' driving distances, though the latter couple (and honestly, Indy, too) probably all feel as neglected as we.
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,089
    edited February 23
    Well Eddie did say they were going to return to Detroit before the Joe closed down when they were here last in '14 and that ship has now sailed....can't believe its approaching 10 yrs now, didn't really think at that time that it would be their last trip to Michigan but life is
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto