Options

Sam Mendes to direct four (4) separate The Beatles movies

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,062
edited February 20 in All Encompassing Trip
John, Paul, George and Ringo will each be the subject of a different upcoming feature film.

Director Sam Mendes plans to make four separate movies, one from each Beatles member's point of view. They will intersect to "tell the astonishing story of the greatest band in history," leading up to their 1970 breakup, according to a press release. Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, and the families of the late John Lennon and George Harrison, have granted full life story and music rights for the scripted films.

"I'm honored to be telling the story of the greatest rock band of all time, and excited to challenge the notion of what constitutes a trip to the movies," Mendes, the Oscar-nominated filmmaker of "American Beauty," war drama "1917," and James Bond films "Skyfall" and "Spectre," said in a statement.

Sony Pictures Entertainment will finance and distribute all four films theatrically in 2027. Details about release plans will be shared closer to the release, but the studio promises the strategy will be "innovative and groundbreaking."

https://www.thebeatles.com/sam-mendes-neal-street-productions-make-landmark-beatles-biopic-project-sony-pictures-entertainment

@Sea The quote function is really-really bad with how it's splitting up paragraphs into sub-quotes. So now I had to skip the quote feature. Could this be fixed?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    wow...can't wait
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana