This is pretty lame of Ed and Jill

kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 214
edited February 20 in The Porch
Apparently Ed and Jill won’t let a family in Australia use the name of their sick daughter to raise money for her rare disease because their charity  “own the rights” to it.  Interview here gives more context: https://www.3aw.com.au/melbourne-family-caught-up-in-messy-legal-battle-with-pearl-jam-frontman-eddie-vedder/ Seems to me like excessively petty behavior.
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,109
    This will probably be closed. It wouldn't hurt for their team to clarify this. As much as they do, this really doesn't make sense.
  • This is sickening 
  • Yeah, that's a pretty ugly allegation. Hopefully there's more to the story. With how charitable the Vedder's are, it doesn't seem like something they would do.  
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,757
    Who says it's Ed and Jill doing it? We don't know the whole story.
    I miss igotid88
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    igotid88 said:
    You expect people to actually get all of the facts before they pass judgement?

Many people would rather just take things at face value instead of digging deeper.
  • kotton_crownkotton_crown Posts: 214
    edited February 20
    igotid88 said:
    This is addressed in the interview I linked.  Both Ed and Jill are on the Board of Directors of the charity with Jill being the Chairwoman. While he does say Ed has been passive, he points out that Jill has been particularly aggressive and demanding.

JOEJOEJOE said:
    igotid88 said:

Many people would rather just take things at face value instead of digging deeper.

Did you bother listening to the 5 min interview I linked to? You’re post is a bit ironic.
    Post edited by kotton_crown on
  • bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 237
    Sounds pretty clear cut, and pretty poor. But the only people who will suffer are the sick people. While lawyers get richer. 
  • JOEJOEJOE said:
    igotid88 said:

Did you listen to the radio interview before passing judgment?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • igotid88 said:
    I mean, they guy that was interviewed pretty much did.  Only one side of the story has been told. But he absolutely named Ed and Jill in the story. 
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    The only places worse than adjudicating things like this than the press, is a freaking message board forum.  Everything could be true, everything could be false.  No one here is actually going to find out or get answers.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    igotid88 said:

Did you listen to the radio interview before passing judgment?
    I am not taking either side....just pointing out that there are 2 sides to every story.
This discussion has been closed.