good guitar lead.

|-Release-||-Release-| Posts: 90
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey everyone, im soon to be purchasing a new amp and i dont think my crappy lead will do it justice. plus i have heard that the type of lead you use can affect your tone greatly. anyway, i currently have a blue lead made by 'lynx'. i got it with my 10W practise amp so needless to say i cant imagine it will be very good. can someone please recommend me an 'industry standard' guitar lead that isn't too much money but will get the job done. thankyou very much :).
seems that needlessly its getting harder
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by |-Release-|
    hey everyone, im soon to be purchasing a new amp and i dont think my crappy lead will do it justice. plus i have heard that the type of lead you use can affect your tone greatly. anyway, i currently have a blue lead made by 'lynx'. i got it with my 10W practise amp so needless to say i cant imagine it will be very good. can someone please recommend me an 'industry standard' guitar lead that isn't too much money but will get the job done. thankyou very much :).

I love George L's.

Monster Cable is pretty standard as well. George L's is cheaper and more easily replacable.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i would go with a planet waves for guitar to pedals and pedals to amp cables.

george l's are awesome for between pedals but i don't trust a solderless cable when it's constantly being yanked out like an instrument cable would be.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i would go with a planet waves for guitar to pedals and pedals to amp cables.

george l's are awesome for between pedals but i don't trust a solderless cable when it's constantly being yanked out like an instrument cable would be.

Yeah, I use a monster 100 to my guitars and George L's between the pedals and from the board to the amps.

good job getting the other major cable name in there.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    or make your own with canare cable and neutrik ends. mmmmm.

i switched to george l's for my effects. oh man are they good.