Danelectro Pedals

|-Release-||-Release-| Posts: 90
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Do these pedals offer the vintage tones they offer? i am looking for some good vintage sounding pedals that dont cost an arm and a leg. are danelectros analog or digital? can anyone suggest me a good pedals manufacturer for vintage sounding FX? cheers. :)
seems that needlessly its getting harder
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mojorison_75mojorison_75 Posts: 157
    That can be a pretty big question.

Danelectro pedal are made in china, which I don't like. They are pretty affordable, but they seem kinda cheap to me, especially the minis. Some of the larger pedals may be ok, but I can't really say because I haven't really used them.

Most stomp boxes are analog, with the exception of some delays. I can't think of another type of stomp box right now that you see digital. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as getting a "vintage sound" that all depends on what your wanting. This can be a pretty subjective question. Also what effects are you looking for right now?
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Electro-Harmonix is pretty vintage-sounding.

They have vintage reliability, too.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Electro-Harmonix is pretty vintage-sounding.

They have vintage reliability, too.

ah, vintage reliability. Planned Obselecense?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • |-Release-||-Release-| Posts: 90
    im basically looking for a chorus, phaser, delay and eventually, a wah. in that order i think, maybe swap around phaser and delay...im a big fan of billy corgan's chorus and delay in the 87-92 era of the pumpkins, anyone know what pedals he used?
    seems that needlessly its getting harder
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    I have a Dan-Echo that I really like. I'm not an effects expert like some people here, but for affordable analog-sounding delay, the discontinued dan echo does a good job. I know stone used one for a while.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mojorison_75mojorison_75 Posts: 157
    I'm not sure what he used, but if you're looking for an old kickass pedal the boss ch-2 is an excellent choice. They're not made anymore, but you can pick them up on ebay. They sell for anywhere from 50-80 bucks on there.

The japenese ones are the craze. I don't know if there's really that much difference, but people seem to think so.

For a phaser I like the ol mxr phase 90. Now owned by dunlop. Unless you're loaded just get a reissue though.

I'm currently hunting a delay as well. Right now I'm leaning towards a boss dd-6. I haven't tried one yet, but I like what I've read so far.

For a wah I like the crybabies. Just my personal preference. I have a limited editon white std crybaby and I like it alot.

All of these things are pretty much personal tastes though. You'll get a different answer in ever post.