marshall guvnor plus pedal

|-Release-||-Release-| Posts: 90
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey, anyone got any opinions on this pedal? im going for nice JCM800 crunch. obviously i don't expect to get that tone exactly but it'd be nice to have something similar to it. does this pedal deliver the goods?
seems that needlessly its getting harder
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by |-Release-|
    hey, anyone got any opinions on this pedal? im going for nice JCM800 crunch. obviously i don't expect to get that tone exactly but it'd be nice to have something similar to it. does this pedal deliver the goods?

I like it ok, It's pretty flexible. I saw a guy in a small 3 pc that used just that pedal and a slightly modified Fender Blues Jr (new tubes and a Vintage 30), and he had a very nice tone. Someone here has one though I think, if I remember correct.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I have one. It's pretty good. Nice boost and sustain.
  • I don't have the new one. I have th older UK version (in the black box).

If they're similar at all, I would say that it's a great way to add a distortion channel to a single-channel tube amp. I found the pedal to be a little too buzzy with solid-state amps though.

Another pedal that is very similar to the Guv'nor/DriveMaster in circuitry and design is the Danelectro Daddy-O. Have you checked that out?
    www.PintoMusic.com
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • A friend of mines that I've heard, always seemed a little too noisy.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/