Options

Should we complain about the Ticketmaster 'Register' a ticket thing?

Kiwigirlnz101Kiwigirlnz101 Posts: 13
edited February 14 in The Porch
I know it not just me.  I am 10 club member so even presale you can only ask for 2 tickets and even then you can't even choose where you sit and you still don't know if you get a ticket!!!!!

I find this beyond ridiculous to then also in normal presale ask us all to register.... Why?   I get that they are trying to gage how many people may want to come, but Pearl Jam fans are not Taylor Swift type fans, we shouldn't have this resister and then cross your fingers and hope you can get a ticket thing.  Its beyond insane   I would hedge a bet that everyone buying PJ tickets are fans, they are not not just going for the hell of it.   

ANYONE else felling annoyed with how they have decided to run the ticket sales for this tour? It shouldn't be like this?

Comments

• Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 792
    Agree. But besides that, the prcies are ridiculous as well.
    Golden pit AC/DC is cheaper than second ring seat for PJ :o
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,491
    I know it not just me.  I am 10 club member so even presale you can only ask for 2 tickets and even then you can't even choose where you sit and you still don't know if you get a ticket!!!!!

I find this beyond ridiculous to then also in normal presale ask us all to register.... Why?   I get that they are trying to gage how many people may want to come, but Pearl Jam fans are not Taylor Swift type fans, we shouldn't have this resister and then cross your fingers and hope you can get a ticket thing.  Its beyond insane   I would hedge a bet that everyone buying PJ tickets are fans, they are not not just going for the hell of it.   

ANYONE else felling annoyed with how they have decided to run the ticket sales for this tour? It shouldn't be like this?
    It's how it's done from now on in most presale. The TM registration is basically useless... but everyone does it. The F2F resalev when closer to show as people throw tickets back was most beneficial for most shows that aren't NY or Wrigley 
  • Options
    hadrieliahadrielia Posts: 123
    It is not even a pre sale, It is registering to have a chance to maaaaybe be able to buy something in general sale. I'm sure there are better ways to limit resalers, but i guess those methods don't benefit shady TM.
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    I’m ok with registering for general sale, seemed to work quite well for The Cure.  
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,931
    To answer the title of your thread - No
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    I’m ok with registering for general sale, seemed to work quite well for The Cure.  
    Nope, that was hot garbage. My email never got selected and the show had sold out during the 'verified fan' sale - ended up having to buy a pricy secondhand season ticket anyway. 
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,075
    You must be new to the lottery process.  It's always been 2 tickets max and seating assignments based on seniority. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,658

They would like you to register so they have a preliminary way to gauge demand.  

This is all about metrics.  

They can compare the number of people registering to the swath of data they have about other ticket sales in regards to registration, actual demand, and how much $$$ they can collect for each ticket.

It's just another datapoint on the curve to help them maximize the $ amount they can get from each and every ticket sale.

PowerBI / microsoft is great for big business!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,566
    Rather than complain, I think you should suggest a perfect ticket system that pleases every single 10C fan.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    aw1991aw1991 Posts: 4
    I am not concerned with any of this as there is no way I can afford these tickets anyway. 
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 155
    shep said:

They can compare the number of people registering to the swath of data they have about other ticket sales in regards to registration, actual demand, and how much $$$ they can collect for each ticket.

It's just another datapoint on the curve to help them maximize the $ amount they can get from each and every ticket sale.

While they definitely do this, the real reason they do verified fan presales for high demand bands is to limit the amount of people trying to get tickets all at once to help keep their system from crashing. By only allowing a certain number of people at a time to even get into the queue for tickets, it keeps their servers running smoothly and limits issues.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,300
    jwhjr17 said:
    To answer the title of your thread - No

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,803
    edited February 14
    The alternative was everyone tries at once, plus weird voyeuristic ticket surveyers perusing the site just to see what they would get with no intention of buying.

Leading to processing crashes, site downtime and endless refreshing all no guarantee of success after hours of attempts.

I'll opt for registration.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,875
    edited February 15
    aw1991 said:
    I am not concerned with any of this as there is no way I can afford these tickets anyway. 
    be glad you are not an Adele fan, her low cost tickets are almost 600 USD a piece.

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,347
    JD87070 said:
    shep said:

While they definitely do this, the real reason they do verified fan presales for high demand bands is to limit the amount of people trying to get tickets all at once to help keep their system from crashing. By only allowing a certain number of people at a time to even get into the queue for tickets, it keeps their servers running smoothly and limits issues.
    Plus to combat the "bots".  Technically it was introduced as a way to run an algorithm that determined the likelihood you would actually use the tickets you bought. Not sure how true that is now.  I've probably messed up my TM history with selling and buying tickets to PJ/EV shows just to upgrade :(
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,300
    hrd2imgn said:
    aw1991 said:
    be glad you are not an Adele fan, her low cost tickets are almost 600 USD a piece.

$600 USD is the cheapest ticket to see her perform?  :o  That's just messed up! 
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,250
    edited February 15
    I think we shouldn't complain, so I won't. Doesn't mean others can't or won't.

PJ has spoiled us and now we are spoiled...rotten. For 30 years they kept prices reasonable. $100 a pair, $150 a pair, now $185 per ticket. Does it hurt the pocket? Yes. Does it price some out of shows? Yes. Is that a reason to think all of a sudden they are a POS band that doesn't care any more? NO!

Sorry, I guess I put this in the wrong complaint thread. Hard to keep track LOL
    Post edited by spankyMP on
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,368
    It’s a free country complain away 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    i really went off the rails when they took away paper tickets and i've been miserable ever since.
  • Options
    llamasrawesumllamasrawesum Auckland, NZ Posts: 32
    i really went off the rails when they took away paper tickets and i've been miserable ever since.
    Did you have the option to register for a cardboard commemorative ticket that gets shipped after the show? They were $20 for the AU/NZ dates. Managed to talk myself back from the ledge on that one.
    Upcoming:
    Auckland 8&10
    Sydney 21&23
  • Options
    Well, Im in London, and there have been better ways to get tickets in other concerns, I think ticket master is just crap.  IN other news I already have my tickets as if you are stadium football member  you can buy the tickets straight away  and all my friends and I are together.  
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,250
    Well, Im in London, and there have been better ways to get tickets in other concerns, I think ticket master is just crap.  IN other news I already have my tickets as if you are stadium football member  you can buy the tickets straight away  and all my friends and I are together.  
    Yes TM is crap!

Great news on your tickets! I have a feeling that type of situation (season tickets) is contributing to the low amount of MSG 10C tickets.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    njhaley1njhaley1 Valley of the Sun Posts: 268
    Zod said:
    JD87070 said:
    shep said:

Plus to combat the "bots".  Technically it was introduced as a way to run an algorithm that determined the likelihood you would actually use the tickets you bought. Not sure how true that is now.  I've probably messed up my TM history with selling and buying tickets to PJ/EV shows just to upgrade :(
    That's an interesting thought - I've seen a lot of complaints about verified fan but - knock on wood - I've been very privileged to get verified fan access for other artists and purchase tickets, but I've always kept those tickets for personal use. 
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,081
    Gibson said:
    Rather than complain, I think you should suggest a perfect ticket system that pleases every single 10C fan.
    Every single fan club member gets as many free tickets as they want (no limit) to whichever show(s) they want (also no limit), we get seated by seniority only, TM doesn't get any of the tickets, and the band will play every venue in every city.

Something like that?
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31