For those wanting tix but reserved seats - GA/Reserved option for lottery?

I know it says to maximize chances of tickets to click this option but as someone who ideally wants seats, from you all having past experiences with the lottery, what would you say are the chances of scoring seats with just the 2 reserved options clicked versus all 3 and risk getting GA seats?

Sorry if this has been asked before! 

Comments

• I would pick all 3 options. You could easily trade with someone that has good/decent reserved seats (assuming that is allowed?)  
  • I would pick all 3 options. You could easily trade with someone that has good/decent reserved seats (assuming that is allowed?)  

That was what I was thinking - I have never transferred tix before myself so I wasn't sure how easy it was to do however if I got GA I would be more than happy to trade here with anyone who wanted GA themselves

Thanks for the reply!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    I would pick all 3 options. You could easily trade with someone that has good/decent reserved seats (assuming that is allowed?)  

That was what I was thinking - I have never transferred tix before myself so I wasn't sure how easy it was to do however if I got GA I would be more than happy to trade here with anyone who wanted GA themselves

Thanks for the reply!
    You would have to share TM logins. Unless it’s Chicago and New York then you can transfer 
  • ForceofNature101ForceofNature101 Posts: 1,281
    edited February 13
    PJNB said:
    I would pick all 3 options. You could easily trade with someone that has good/decent reserved seats (assuming that is allowed?)  

Thanks for the reply!
    You would have to share TM logins. Unless it’s Chicago and New York then you can transfer 

Ooh gotcha, didn't know about that!   That sounds like it can be a big step of trusting the other person the day of the show, as a newbie with ticket trades in the meantime I can look around FB and here and see generally how people go about doing that and the safest ways to go about making that swap - just in case.  Thanks :)
    Post edited by ForceofNature101 on
  • I know wanting seats more than GA is most likely a rarer thing lol
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,624
    I know wanting seats more than GA is most likely a rarer thing lol
    Just pick seats option if you don't want GA
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    PJNB said:

Thanks for the reply!

Ooh gotcha, didn't know about that!   That sounds like it can be a big step of trusting the other person the day of the show, as a newbie with ticket trades in the meantime I can look around FB and here and see generally how people go about doing that and the safest ways to go about making that swap - just in case.  Thanks :)
    I think it would be easy to find a swap here. But, I would definitely keep it to a place like these boards. You can unobserved people here and it's pretty evident who people trust around here. Last tour, I had a guy give me his TM login temporarily and I put those tix in my wallet and that was the end of it.

These boards are filled with good people and many would be ISO GA.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • I know it says to maximize chances of tickets to click this option but as someone who ideally wants seats, from you all having past experiences with the lottery, what would you say are the chances of scoring seats with just the 2 reserved options clicked versus all 3 and risk getting GA seats?

Sorry if this has been asked before! 
    Depends on your number, if it’s low and the show is not MSG your probably get yourself decent seats and can leave the GA options for those who want it. On the other hand, u can go the route
    of trading a GA for good seats. My experience with that is that there can be significant work that goes into this and sometimes these deals fall through last minute. 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • ^^ That was sort of my fear, taking the gamble for better odds at seats in general, but having trouble if I get GA as an option (I could theoretically do GA but who I will be going with would rather be seated and the ease of that) doing a safe and reliable ticket transfer

That said it does seem like this place has a lot of great folks and those who will be looking for GA since it seems to be the one most want to get, so I may go for all three ticket options and see what happens
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,671
    I’m thinking of picking GA/Reserved option as I would like to increase my odds of getting tickets. Like OP, I would prefer seats (or should say my wife does). I know I can then always trade my GA for seats if that’s what I win or that seem to be the case from last tour from what I seen. For those of you that have done that in past, is it pretty easy? I’ve never had to transfer tickets before, so would be a newbie at it. Also looks like I would have to give my ticketmaster login to whoever I’m trading with and it would be vice versa on their end? Any help is much appreciated.
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 601
    Same boat here, but high number (73XXXX).  Is it even worth it to try to add the GA option now?  Have to think my odds of GA are infinitely small, especially for the shows I'm primarily hoping for (Seattle).  
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    Maybe I am dumb here but why would it help by choosing all three options? If you choose GA or Seats I assume if you don't get GA first, you automatically go into the reserved pile? Choosing only Reserved is for those who DO NOT want GA.. 
  • JR86440 said:
    Maybe I am dumb here but why would it help by choosing all three options? If you choose GA or Seats I assume if you don't get GA first, you automatically go into the reserved pile? Choosing only Reserved is for those who DO NOT want GA.. 

My concern is that if I don't pick GA as the option as well, that technically would be less tickets in the pool to select from (2 reserved selections as opposed to 3 different ticket options) and therefore less of a chance of actually scoring tickets for those shows in general