Options

A new Ernie Ball Stringray5 Bass in the family...

parchyparchy Posts: 205
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
She's reeeal nice... it complements my Fender 4 string in the sound department nicely...

Now, onto bass amps... Now I'm using an SVT Workingman setup.... what are y'alls favorites?
Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Ampeg SVT Pro. 300 W. All tube. SWR MoBass.

Ampeg HLF Cabs or 8x10's from pretty much anybody SWR's got a sweet one with Bag End Speakers. For more lows add a 15 or an 18 on to the rig as well

I also Like David Eden stuff, and in combo's

Ampeg BA115. SWR Super Redhead. etc.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    What's that Mesa Boogie all-tube behemoth? Those things are the best.

SVT Classics are pretty damned good... I have a Gallien-Krueger solid state head that works pretty well, with my MXR Dyna-Comp inline. Any cab with 10" speakers and no horn, that's my favorite arrangement. I have a Sunn 6 x 10" with JBL speakers that KICKS! Can't go wrong with SWR. Their new Baby Baby Blue (no, I didn't type twice, that's the name) is pretty sweet. Check it out:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=031008174107150131025216172555/g=home/search/detail/base_id/60150

Old Bassman amps with 2 x 15" cabinets sound pretty damned good as well.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    BufaloBufalo Posts: 32
    :)

My finest piece of equipment is my SWR Goliath III cabinet. Wow that thing is fun. I just wish I had a more powerful amplifier head...