New Snippet?

Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
edited February 11 in The Porch
The band’s wiki right now…

Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

http://liveon4legs.com
Post edited by Sobelberg8 on

Comments

• If that’s real, that’s heavy as fuck
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    Now I definitely hear the "You Are" vibe in this clip. This sounds awesome.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Sobelberg8Sobelberg8 Posts: 971
    BF25394 said:
    A friend of mine (Javier from the pod) listened and he said it’s absolutely a drum machine
    Hi, I host a Pearl Jam Podcast. We go back to some of the classic shows in their history and break down the entire setlist front to back. From historic perspective, to performances, to setlist construction, to fan stories. We do our best to capture the magic that is their live act and help you relive those memories, or if you weren't there, maybe turn you on to a show you've never heard before.

Live On 4 Legs can be found on Apple Podcast, Spotify and any other major podcast platform. But please support our website and check out the episodes archived there. Oh, and the Concertpedia as well (for you Five Horizons and Two Feet Thick fans, we've picked up where they've left off)

• primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    BF25394 said:
    A friend of mine (Javier from the pod) listened and he said it’s absolutely a drum machine
    That drum machine goes by the name matt fucking cameron!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • BF25394 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AZz9TSjZCM
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168
    THANKS!!
    Per the Wikipedia edit history (and assuming it uses GMT), this clip has been sitting there since 9:30 a.m. PST.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168
    BF25394 said:
    Per the Wikipedia edit history (and assuming it uses GMT), this clip has been sitting there since 9:30 a.m. PST.

It's been up for over 8 hours over @ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearl_Jam & we just now found out about it?

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    Makes you wonder what else is out there 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    BF25394 said:
    Pretty sure edits are shown in local time. 

It looks like 3hrs ago to me. 
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    BF25394 said:
    That is what was said about DOTC
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
    edited February 11
    PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:

It's definitely GMT. There are later edits that would be in the future if not. 
    Post edited by BF25394 on
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    BF25394 said:
    PJNB said:
    BF25394 said:

It can't be. It showed it at 17:29 (a.k.a. 5:29 p.m.) but there were subsequent edits at 19:14 (a.k.a. 7:14 p.m.), but it is only 6:16 p.m. in my time zone. (And it showed that a half-hour ago.)
    Damn thats some Dark level time travel shit right there. 

Or maybe ya GMT. 
    Maybe we should track time in Martian sols for this album.
    BALLBOY said:
    BF25394 said:
    Not exactly. Everyone thought Matt was playing a drum machine, not Stone playing through one.

• The clip on the Wikipedia page sounds dope! Hope it’s legit!
  • JK109224JK109224 Posts: 604
    That Wiki clip is promising.
    Come to send, not condescend...
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    BALLBOY said:
    BF25394 said:
    Not exactly. Everyone thought Matt was playing a drum machine, not Stone playing through one.
    There was no drum machine on DOTC and I guarantee there's no drum machine in this song either!  That's all Matt!  They would never ever use that!  It was well discussed about how Matt was able to replicate that sound!  It's ALL him!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    Just heard a snippet at the Pearl Jam instillation at Bondi beach 
  • jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82
    pjl44 said:
    Makes you wonder what else is out there  
    No doubt there will be more things like this discovered before Wednesday based on these ‘games’ the band seems to be playing with fans haha

clip sounds promising though 
  • jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82
    Just heard a snippet at the Pearl Jam instillation at Bondi beach 
    https://www.instagram.com/p/C3MIc-MRms0/?igsh=NzlhbzRtYm5vY2No
    BALLBOY said:
    BF25394 said:
    There was no drum machine on DOTC and I guarantee there's no drum machine in this song either!  That's all Matt!  They would never ever use that!  It was well discussed about how Matt was able to replicate that sound!  It's ALL him!!
    Again, it’s not Matt playing a sound machine, it’s Stone playing with the usage of one, just as he did in You Are

• spankyMPspankyMP Posts: 1,747
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    The band’s wiki right now…

That is the same song I heard but the snippet I heard had vocals.
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    BALLBOY said:
    BF25394 said:
    Again, it’s not Matt playing a sound machine, it’s Stone playing with the usage of one, just as he did in You Are
    “You Are": One of the strangest sounding Pearl Jam songs ever, featuring reverb-soaked guitar riffing and a funky, strutting beat. A middle break finds Vedder in multi-tracked falsetto repeating the title phrase, while McCready's guitar emits psychedelic, seagull-like tones during the outtro.

Gossard: It's a drum pattern, but you plug your guitar into it. So instead of the pattern being the drum sound, the guitar sounds pop up every time something hits. Three different patterns over three different parts. Matt Cameron came up with that and it was a moment of inspiration, for sure.
    McCready: Perspiration for me! I was blown away by it. It kind of reminded me a little of the Cure maybe, or something that this band has never really experimented with before. I was real excited and proud to play that song to all my friends, you know, "Check this one out! This is a way different kind of vibe."
    Cameron: I just recorded that at home. I had written just a couple of riffs, stringing them together like I always do. I had gotten a new drum machine that allows you to make up patterns and then they'll play through whatever audio instrument you plug in. It was more of an experiment to use the parameters of this machine as well. It came out really cool and the guys really liked it. I took my machine down to the studio, dumped it into the computer, and did an arrangement. Eddie finished up the small bit of lyrics I had written for it.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,495
    I hear Soundgarden and I like it
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -