My new '52 Tele reissue

parchyparchy Posts: 205
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.fender.com/products/show.php?partno=0100202

Pretty good for a bassist, eh? Thought I finally needed an electric...
Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Common man lets have a review :)
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    beautiful.

I just drooled over a few custom shop teles today looking for my Strat which they don't have any of yet. Oh well I got some more headroom on my GC card anyway.

I played an original Esquire today that was sunburst and bound into a 1967 JMP Plexi into a 1979 1960B cab. OH DEAR LORD.

If I only had 8 grand to spend on a guitar. There was also a nice 67 SG and 64 135 each with P-90's that made me drool.

I hope you are having fun with that tele.

For the record the new Fender Thinline tele comes with P-90's me thinks they are paying close attention to Schecter.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    I played an original Esquire today that was sunburst and bound into a 1967 JMP Plexi into a 1979 1960B cab. OH DEAR LORD.

Ah....

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

need a moment here...

*sigh*

Okay, I'll be fine...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Ah....

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

need a moment here...

*sigh*

Okay, I'll be fine...

yeah that's what I said, I cannot describe to you how wonderful that guitar was. In a small quiet room by my self with maybe 2 million dollars worth of some of the most saud after guitars and amplifiers af all time. a 64 deluxe and vibrochamp 50's champ. JTM 45, ($5,000 and perfect) but it was over in the corner I didn't feel like pulling it out.

The tone was thick loud clear rich and dynamic clean (obviously I couldn't turn it up to Townsenesque levels in the store and I didn't have the 4 g's or so to take it home but you know how it sounds, just turn on TB2K on the Martin Logans at Hi Fi buys. :D my other love. I am a hell of a window shopper.

I felt I owed it to my self to know what a real esquire felt and played like. Uh, yeah, the boss and Jeff Beck picked a good guitar. I should have a bust of Leo Fender at my house amazing mind of a gentleman. I cannot begin to tell you how lovely the wood was on it and how well it sounded acoustically.

The 64 ES 125 was one of the nicest feeling gibson's I've ever played a blues jazz machine and a steal at $1250 But I'm still lusting after my sunburst ash strat.

Oh as if that wasn't enough a guy in the back was playing on a John Mayer OM 28. I'm not a huge fan of mayer with his band as it's basically pop, but the guy can fucking play and this guitar may be the finest new martin available bar none. Think Clapton model. very rich easy to play, no bullshit electronics, perfect action and just amazing balanced acoustic tone and the old guy had never heard of Mayer which I thought was nice. He was buying that guitar for his son, boy if everyones dad was that rich.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    What I wouldn't give to have the chance to play that lineup, Paco... that's fuckin' awesome. Talk about Springsteen tone right there... that's it exactly. Replace that Marshall rig with a cranked Bassman, and that's Keith Richards... so damn good! I would love to hear that Esquire through my Vibro Champ, too... damn it!

So, was it a single-pickup or dual-pickup model?

I'm still damned impressed with my buddy's Martin 000-1R. Very nice, great-playing, great-sounding guitar. I'd love to have one just like it. I just took my Yamaha acoustic-electric to a shop to sell it on consignment, we'll see if I get anything there... but while I was in there, he had a 1970's Gibson J-45 sunburst that was just GORGEOUS! That is my ideal acoustic guitar, right there (although I'd rather have a natural finish). Very warm, articulate, full... either that, or a vintage J-200. And I've seen my share of those, too... lust doesn't even describe the feeling.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    I saw a J-45 in sunburst today as well. I've played it before too. I love it. If I'd have thought about it I would have plugged the esquire into the 64 deluxe or the old tweeds they had. It was $7700 on the wall but man if I were a rock star......that's one of the best guitars I have ever played period from the feel to the sound.

Single p/u model in the bridge. Scratched to hell looks like the finish on mikes 59.

rosewood fingerboard yes, perfect just like you'd expect very seasoned. Even in my hands it sounded good. In Kieth Richards hands......wow.