Options

How about Ten Club exclusive autographed preorder for new album?

rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 305
Green Day just did it. Taylor Swift has done it. How about the guys spend an afternoon signing some CD booklets or art cards for the new album and make them available to loyal 10 Club members?

Seems like something that would be simple to do.

Wishful thinking?

Comments

• Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,087
    Ok
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Ok
    See, the people have spoken!
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,588
    The only chance they do this would be a small run set at a high price for charity, like Jeff's signed posters. 
  • Options
    Never know. Would sell more records. I could see it more as a random thing. If they had like 100 signed records mixed in with a sale on here. Most of us on the fence would bite.

Make it happen. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,627
    would be cool but i'm doubtful it ever happens.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    The only chance they do this would be a small run set at a high price for charity, like Jeff's signed posters. 
    Which is a shame because a lot of bands do this now. Red Hot Chili Peppers did it for their last 2 albums - was indie store and also webstore exclusive. Green Day as I mentioned just did it for Saviors. Both those bands charged regular retail price for the album and obviously they went quick. 

And sure, there is a resellers market for this stuff but that’s no different than everything else this band releases - posters, vinyls. They all are sought after and have high secondary demand. I don’t think that should be a deterrent to do this. It would build a lot of buzz around the release and I hope they consider it. 
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,588
    Which is a shame because a lot of bands do this now. Red Hot Chili Peppers did it for their last 2 albums - was indie store and also webstore exclusive. Green Day as I mentioned just did it for Saviors. Both those bands charged regular retail price for the album and obviously they went quick. 

And sure, there is a resellers market for this stuff but that’s no different than everything else this band releases - posters, vinyls. They all are sought after and have high secondary demand. I don’t think that should be a deterrent to do this. It would build a lot of buzz around the release and I hope they consider it. 
    I don't disagree. 
  • Options
    Make it 10 Club only - limit one. Heck charge a premium for it if they want like the signed posters from Jeff’s stash to benefit charity. But they should consider doing it.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,297
    Make it 10 Club only - limit one. Heck charge a premium for it if they want like the signed posters from Jeff’s stash to benefit charity. But they should consider doing it.
    Limit one is key. I read that Greta Van Fleet did this type of thing and the limit was 4. Whats the point?
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    If they want to cool, if not cool also

They sell so much signed stuff for charity that brings in big money not sure if they want to devalue their signatures, well Eddie at least probably wouldnt want to.
  • Options
    We don’t have access to meet these guys. They don’t offer meet and greets. They play arenas. I think it is a reasonable way to get a signed item from the band many of us have supported for years, decades. I don’t think it’s far fetched that they will offer something like that someday - maybe not this release, but a future one.
  • Options
    Kwieneke said:
    Limit one is key. I read that Greta Van Fleet did this type of thing and the limit was 4. Whats the point?
    I agree. Limit one. They would hypothetically be extremely limited so give everyone a chance. 
  • Options
    apirk72 said:
    If they want to cool, if not cool also

They sell so much signed stuff for charity that brings in big money not sure if they want to devalue their signatures, well Eddie at least probably wouldnt want to.
    It’s a fair point but there is a huge difference for collectors for a signed poster or signed guitar and a small art card that will have rushed signatures after signing 1000 of them.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,316
    Green Day just did it. Taylor Swift has done it. How about the guys spend an afternoon signing some CD booklets or art cards for the new album and make them available to loyal 10 Club members?

Seems like something that would be simple to do.

Wishful thinking?
    I always wait on the vinyl.. free shipping on amazon...this would prompt me to buy via 10c and gamble on the shipping costs
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 613
    Wouldn’t be interested in a signed CD booklet or an insert. But a signed vinyl jacket on the other hand…. yes please.
  • Options
    matt84 said:
    Wouldn’t be interested in a signed CD booklet or an insert. But a signed vinyl jacket on the other hand…. yes please.
    Vinyl jacket signed would be awesome but I don’t see them doing it. I think it would be more likely that both CD and Vinyl preorders would include signed art card which is what most bands are doing. It’s even smaller than a CD jacket and low quality paper but it’s something and can be thought of as a little bonus as most come with album for same price as the non-signed version.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,390
    Ozzy sent me 2 autographed cds for his last release, only ordered 1.....Prince of Darkness loves me 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,562
    I would take one.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,955
    It would be really cool! Will it happen? No. I wish they did things like this for us paying members. Even the monthly contests are just kinda meh. Doesn't seem like it would take that much to get the band to sign 12 things for giveaways to members for the year. So many cool possibilities unrealized.

AND if they did a sale for members for signed copies of the new album can you imagine how much bitching and moaning would go on from people who didn't get one? That is probably why they would never do something like this.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    Ozzy sent me 2 autographed cds for his last release, only ordered 1.....Prince of Darkness loves me 
    Shoot. You got mine! Keep it.
  • Options
    It would be really cool! Will it happen? No. I wish they did things like this for us paying members. Even the monthly contests are just kinda meh. Doesn't seem like it would take that much to get the band to sign 12 things for giveaways to members for the year. So many cool possibilities unrealized.

AND if they did a sale for members for signed copies of the new album can you imagine how much bitching and moaning would go on from people who didn't get one? That is probably why they would never do something like this.
    There would be a lot of bitching and moaning for those who miss out - sure - 100%

Which is no different than anything limited they try to do.

I was lucky enough to get tickets to the Vic Lolla warm up show in 2007. How limited was that? Right? 2000 tickets? They sold out in seconds and I got lucky. The forum was a cluster - so much anger from everyone that wasn’t as lucky which was most people. Only few of us got it - but imagine if that prevented the band from offering those type of opportunities? Just because their is something in high demand doesn’t mean they shouldn’t do it if they can.

They may not be interested in signing art cards and I get it. They never have made those available in the past but lately it’s become a more common thing in the music business now that most albums are streamed on Apple Music and such.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,990
    matt84 said:
    I’d certainly take a signed CD but a vinyl jacket would be so much better.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,265
    I'll allow it
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,372
    Yes please!
  • Options
    I'd rather see a 10 Cub golden ticket.  random 1st row coupons in albums tied to your number with a meet/greet or soundcheck ticket. 
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 155
    I'd rather see a 10 Cub golden ticket.  random 1st row coupons in albums tied to your number with a meet/greet or soundcheck ticket. 
    I like your thinking, but as cool as M&G would be, highly doubtful that would ever happen with their recent Covid/illness history! I feel like they need to do less interaction with others while out on tour to prevent more postponements. Would be incredible though.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,356
    Probably wishful thinking.    If you've ever signed things for customers, you start to realize how long it actually takes :)    If they did do it, it would probably be extremely limited in number.   Unless you were on the website at the right second, you'd miss out.

I wouldn't call it 100% out of reach.   They did those poster's for Jeff's charity last year.   They put out those off ramp signed posters a few years back. You never know, but with albums, it's not something the band has done before.   Doesn't seem like they need to do it to sell another 3 or 4 hundred copes?
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,629
    edited February 2
    We don’t have access to meet these guys. They don’t offer meet and greets. They play arenas. I think it is a reasonable way to get a signed item from the band many of us have supported for years, decades. I don’t think it’s far fetched that they will offer something like that someday - maybe not this release, but a future one.
    The 2012 meet and greet prior to the Missoula show, mind you it was administered by the Tester campaign, was a bargain at $250 ticket included. Surprised it hasn’t happened again since…naturally while the band members looked nervous initially as they worked the room the crowd couldn’t have been more docile. By the end of the session they took their time trickling away. Figured it was a good indication for future opportunities.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 613
    It would be nice if we got a 10C exclusive vinyl variant of the new record. Shame Gigaton didn’t get one.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    lol