Judd Apatow & Friends - A Benefit for Connecting to Cure Crohn's and Colitis Jan 31st

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    Sold Out
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    Let the speculation begin!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,931
    It seems like there's a lot of stuff happening in LA on the 31st.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433
    demetrios said:

It is Grammy week so there are lots of music peeps in L.A. that week.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,931
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    It is Grammy week so there are lots of music peeps in L.A. that week.

Ah, that explains it; thanks.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    This Wednesday!

We will be there tonight!
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Have fun!
    demetrios said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Have fun!
    Thanks.....I will report back if anything PJ-related happens.
    Any word if Mike was there last night?
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 573
    The Largo posted a photo that was only Judd, Ryan Bingham and two other comics 
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 511
    Mike was not there. 
  • I heard Josh wash there
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    That's surprising. Judd usually gets at least one big name for these shows since they charge a premium to generate money for charity. (Regular Largo shows are $35.00; Judd's shows are usually $100.00. For those who don't know, Largo is only 324 seats.) Maybe Ryan Bingham is a big name now because of Yellowstone?

I went to one of Judd's Largo shows where the special guest was Beck, who did a full hour acoustic set. I was in the second row but, again, there are no bad seats because Largo is so small. Another time he had the Avett Brothers. 
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • djjazzy276djjazzy276 Posts: 228
    BF25394 said:
    That's surprising. Judd usually gets at least one big name for these shows since they charge a premium to generate money for charity. (Regular Largo shows are $35.00; Judd's shows are usually $100.00. For those who don't know, Largo is only 324 seats.) Maybe Ryan Bingham is a big name now because of Yellowstone?

I went to one of Judd's Largo shows where the special guest was Beck, who did a full hour acoustic set. I was in the second row but, again, there are no bad seats because Largo is so small. Another time he had the Avett Brothers. 
    I've never been to the current location of Largo. Back when I lived in LA, the old location was a block or two from the CBS studio where I was working. I only went once for some dumb reason. It was memorable though. Got off work, walked over there and had dinner and drinks while getting an intimate set from Aimee Mann. Such a cool spot and from the sounds of it, the current spot is great too.
    BF25394 said:

I've never been to the current location of Largo. Back when I lived in LA, the old location was a block or two from the CBS studio where I was working. I only went once for some dumb reason. It was memorable though. Got off work, walked over there and had dinner and drinks while getting an intimate set from Aimee Mann. Such a cool spot and from the sounds of it, the current spot is great too.
    The difference is that the old Largo (on Fairfax) was basically like a supper club. All the seats were at tables (and you had to order food to sit at one of the tables) except for about a half-dozen seats at the bar. The new Largo (on La Cienega) is inside the old Coronet Theatre. There is a bar, but there is no food service. And the seating is all in rows inside the theater. Both great spots and each is/was unique. (And seating at the new Largo is first-come, first-served, which is pretty cool.)
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 511
    BF25394 said:

Last night, a limited number of premium tickets were $100. All other tickets were $50.
    Luckytwn1 said:
    BF25394 said:

Last night, a limited number of premium tickets were $100. All other tickets were $50.
    I think they were originally put on sale for $100, and then the price was dropped to $50.