Technically the 1st Pearl Jam fan?

Comments

• BO175983BO175983 Posts: 62
    That is an amazing story.. 
  • PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 787
    Absolutely amazing. Without a doubt, one of the coolest stories I’ve ever read on here 
  • CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    You should contact the 10c. They might reconnect if you haven’t already done so. Eddie would remember for sure. What a great memory. 
  • AmantriaAmantria Posts: 374
    That's so incredibly awesome!   Love great stories like these!!
    Its good to be back!!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,153
    You should contact the 10c. They might reconnect if you haven’t already done so. Eddie would remember for sure. What a great memory. 

Indeed. They should totally reconnect.
  • demetrios said:

I don’t want to press it. I’m sure Ed is busy and don’t want him to think I’m a weirdo  :s
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    demetrios said:

I don’t want to press it. I’m sure Ed is busy and don’t want him to think I’m a weirdo  :s
    Ed stopped by twice and you ghosted him...you're just returning his call at this point.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • demetrios said:

Ed stopped by twice and you ghosted him...you're just returning his call at this point.
    Ghosted?? Ha! 90’s man - no text, no email and no return info. I’ve had a few serious things come up in life since then. Sorry to say, Ed was not my priority in life. Just another person… and technically, he stopped by 4 times. 
  • LanternjawLanternjaw Posts: 553
    This is amazing! So sorry about the burglary... I hope that somehow EdVed hears about it and gets something special to you.
    Thank you! It’s no big deal. I’ve lived without it. All that is important is the memory and don’t need anything 
    So true!  Memories are what last forever.  That you have a souvenir from when they were made is a lovely bonus.  Your story and your copies of the messages were a wonderful read - thanks so much for sharing.  You made a lot of smiles today… 
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,959
    demetrios said:

Ghosted?? Ha! 90’s man - no text, no email and no return info. I’ve had a few serious things come up in life since then. Sorry to say, Ed was not my priority in life. Just another person… and technically, he stopped by 4 times. 
    Good food. He would Def remember. Plus he's used to weirdos 
  • SPJSPJ Posts: 255
    Wow!
    It would be great if he saw this, surely he would remember that connection he had with you.
    Thanks for sharing 
  • TonybalsamoTonybalsamo Posts: 20
    edited February 12
     :| 
    Post edited by Tonybalsamo on
  • gibbitsgibbits Posts: 507
    This cool story made my day
    going on Tuesday to see them in Seattle. Do any of you know if they ever play “Breath” from the Singles album/soundtrack? 
  • DE4173DE4173 Posts: 569
    They played it 5/16/24 in Vegas 
    1993: 11/22 Little Rock
    1996; 9/28 New York
    1997: 11/14 Oakland, 11/15 Oakland
    1998: 7/5 Dallas, 7/7 Albuquerque, 7/8 Phoenix, 7/10 San Diego, 7/11 Las Vegas
    2000: 10/17 Dallas
    2003: 4/3 OKC
    2012: 11/17 Tulsa(EV), 11/18 Tulsa(EV)
    2013: 11/16 OKC
    2014: 10/8 Tulsa
    2022: 9/20 OKC
    2023: 9/13 Ft Worth, 9/15 Ft Worth
  • meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,577
    First of all, amazing story; I hadn’t seen it when you posted it originally. Amazing that Ed was this thoughtful even back when he was more shy and just starting out with fame. 

Tell you what, I would not be surprised if we hear that Breath is played in Seattle.  Hope it happens.  
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
    Thank you both! 
    Stay late after outside. Bring notes and chat with Ed.
    Report back here.
    ❤️ 
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    Loujoe said:
    Report back here.
    ❤️ 
    Something tells me OP won't have to wait outside, they'll be hanging around backstage if this gets enough attention. 
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    njhaley1 said:
    Loujoe said:
    Report back here.
    ❤️ 
    Something tells me OP won't have to wait outside, they'll be hanging around backstage if this gets enough attention. 
    Yes. 
  • pistol3pistol3 Posts: 189
    Thank you both! 
    Such a great story! Glad you commented again because I had missed it. Love reading things like this.
    VA Beach 8/3/00, Council Bluffs 6/13/03, St. Paul 6/16/03, East Troy 6/21/03, The Gorge 7/22/06, 7/23/06, Chicago 8/23/09, KC 5/3/10, St. Louis 5/4/10, Dublin 6/22/10, Belfast 6/23/10, London 6/25/10, EV Minneapolis 7/2/11, EV Tulsa 11/18/12, Chicago 7/19/13, OKC 11/16/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Pemberton 7/17/16, Missoula 8/13/18, San Diego 5/3/22, Denver 9/22/22, Sacramento 5/13/24, LA 5/21/24
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,064
    Cool story! 
  • Naked JohnNaked John Posts: 317
    This is amazing! So sorry about the burglary... I hope that somehow EdVed hears about it and gets something special to you.
    Sounds as if you already heard the FULL " Dark Matter" here....it could read
    "This is amazing. So sorry about the timing...I hope that somehow EdVed hears about it and gets "Something Special" to you."
    edited May 24
    demetrios said:

Mookey is correct. You are of need to reply to him. Send him a note..to the Ten Club overnight to Ed Vedder C/O Santos L. Halper with YOUR Return Address Tony Balsalmo and the former restaurant address. You Should go to dinner together. Ed and yourself out to dinner at your favorite place in Seattle. Pretty sure Ed is a foodie. You are the first official fan. Are you going to the Seattle shows? Go Tony!
    Going Tuesday..I See...Prepare...we are going to make this a reunion!!!
    Post edited by Naked John on
  • Robdog983Robdog983 Posts: 143
    This is nothing but the goods!!! I love it!!!
    demetrios said:

Mookey is correct. You are of need to reply to him. Send him a note..to the Ten Club overnight to Ed Vedder C/O Santos L. Halper with YOUR Return Address Tony Balsalmo and the former restaurant address. You Should go to dinner together. Ed and yourself out to dinner at your favorite place in Seattle. Pretty sure Ed is a foodie. You are the first official fan. Are you going to the Seattle shows? Go Tony!
    Um… that sounds like a lot. I’ve got too much stuff going on to chase him down… my 9 year old son is 4 years in remissIon from cancer and I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD from earlier traumas in my life. Trust me, Ed wants no part of me. I just want to go enjoy his artistry and hope he plays Breath… it resonated in 1992 when it was released, and resonates now 
    demetrios said:

Um… that sounds like a lot. I’ve got too much stuff going on to chase him down… my 9 year old son is 4 years in remissIon from cancer and I’ve been diagnosed with PTSD from earlier traumas in my life. Trust me, Ed wants no part of me. I just want to go enjoy his artistry and hope he plays Breath… it resonated in 1992 when it was released, and resonates now 
    Understood Tony. Thank You for YOUR KINDNESS. I understand where you are at. Breath will find you. Thank You for getting this show on the road...
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,488
    demetrios said:

Sending loving thoughts your way . 
    If you ever need to talk just pm. 
    Similar soul right here.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Life is beautiful and hits some really hard sometimes. 

Crank that tune up! Lots of love your way.

Funny how back then we saw bands as ourselves. Maybe a little starstruck but never really cared. Not sure how or when superstardom kicks in and we elevate band members like they are gods. Just interesting and weird what happens.
    Now I flip out if I get handed a pick! (or find one in a pile of junk on the floor)

What happened to me!!!!!!!

Just strange.

Ok 

Play Breath you f..kers