The guitarist in my band has gone crazy

parchyparchy Posts: 205
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    what the hell did he pay that much for?
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Nice Bass Parchy, Spalted Maple. Are you building it yourself? It looks similar to some basses I used to sell and a few Warriors I've seen.

Bartolini P/U's?

tell him to take the DD-6 back and buy a Line 6 DL-4. He'll be pleased.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I hear they use fretboards from those things to build railroad pilings...

I could drive my Rodeo down the length of that thing.

It does LOOK pretty cool... I'd just hate to have to wrap my fat little fingers around all 8 of those strings.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Yeah, they're Bartolini's... when I was thinking about what to use, "stretched out soapbar" came to mind... the wood grain I used for it came off of a gorgeous rack of wood, and I knew my power sander had to get a taste of that maple...

And I'll tell him about the Line 6... I use a Line 6 Bass POD, but he swears by those Boss pedals... and I think he paid that much because he knows the sales guy at the local music store and we beat his band in a battle of the bands about a month ago, so I guess it was sour grapes... I didn't know you could hike the price like that, but whatever... he probably would have paid $300 if he had to... loves his Boss...

And I guess that explains your hate towards lots o strings mig... my long slender fingers rock the 8 string big time
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Yeah he just paid almost list for the DD-6 if he likes boss he won't want to change It's not a bad pedal he just paid about 60 bucks to much for it. That's an awesome bass Parchy
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    he should gone to zzounds
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"