Ohana Fest returns September 27th - 29th 2024

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    PSUS2H said:
    cutz said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    It shows that my tickets were in Austin and now in Tolleson, AZ.  UPS, wtf?  I live in between those two. 
    Don't worry about it.. geez 
    You take care of you. I need to sell and ship them still. Can no longer go. Time matters.
    Geez.
    I'm the same as you as I NEED the tickets here ASAP so I can sell. I can't go either.

But, I have a bad feeling because I got them on StubHub(3-day ticket was just under Face Value) and I have NO clue when I'll get them. Anyone ever get them with StubHub? If so, do you know when you got them? I'd hate to have to eat the cost.
    Contact SH, they can always reach out to the seller for an update. 
    Thans for the advice.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,618
    Wristbands received right on time...ready for my favorite festival year 8
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,424
    I can't believe there are rooms available at the Marriott next to the festival grounds. $640/night though. About $1000 more for three nights then I currently have booked in San Clemente but being able to walk to the festival is tempting.
    How are you planning to go back to San Clemente?
    I was struggling with that but ended up getting shuttle passes. I like to know exactly where I'm going. 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • PinoyPJPinoyPJ Posts: 282
    It looks so barren when I tried to google. Is anything else cool playing in Los Angeles end of September, Early October? No Paul McCartney or Taylor Swift or Nine Inch Nails or anything?

My Morning Jacket plays the south. Kings of Leon the east I think

I know Paul Weller and James & Johnny Marr are in the area for sure.

It's a great time to visit the area because both the marine layer (fog and gray gloom) and most tourists are gone. It's "locals' summer." You can go kayaking, parasailing, hiking. Visit museums (in LA, the Getty is amazing!), hit up some great restaurants. Go to Disneyland, if you're a masochist (I kid, sort of).

Southern California is massive, with millions of people, a variety of climates and ecosystems, and endless things to do.
    https://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/showlist.html here's a good page for shows in los angeles by scenestar.

ride amongst the waves...
  • MikeDigsMikeDigs Santa Monica, CA Posts: 1,081
    Excitement is growing.  Got my tickets and lucked in to a hotel that is across the street from the festival.  Staying at The Hilton Garden Inn Dana Point Doheny Beach.  This will be my very first Ohana Festival.  Can't wait :rock_on:
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,076
    edited September 16
    I can't believe there are rooms available at the Marriott next to the festival grounds. $640/night though. About $1000 more for three nights then I currently have booked in San Clemente but being able to walk to the festival is tempting.
    I was struggling with that but ended up getting shuttle passes. I like to know exactly where I'm going. 
    Oh. I missed those... But I guess I still can walk/run the 7 miles.

EDIT: Wait, how do you know the stops of the shuttle?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • It looks so barren when I tried to google. Is anything else cool playing in Los Angeles end of September, Early October? No Paul McCartney or Taylor Swift or Nine Inch Nails or anything?

My Morning Jacket plays the south. Kings of Leon the east I think

I know Paul Weller and James & Johnny Marr are in the area for sure.

It's a great time to visit the area because both the marine layer (fog and gray gloom) and most tourists are gone. It's "locals' summer." You can go kayaking, parasailing, hiking. Visit museums (in LA, the Getty is amazing!), hit up some great restaurants. Go to Disneyland, if you're a masochist (I kid, sort of).

Southern California is massive, with millions of people, a variety of climates and ecosystems, and endless things to do.
    I'm not going to Disneyland (or Universal studios SUPER MARIO BROS LAAAAAND) by myself like some god damn serial killer.

But I have some stuff lined up. And can always do some work while Im there at some café.

Paul Weller and Johnny Marr isn't really my thing (and most things are my thing), but will check it out.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Oh. I missed those... But I guess I still can walk/run the 7 miles.

EDIT: Wait, how do you know the stops of the shuttle?
    There are no stops...it's just a pickup point where you park and it takes you directly to the festival and back

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Glen plays again in LA on the 29th. And The Cult. 

Might go to one of those.

Also going to a showing of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre. 50 YEARS THIS YEAR!
    Do VIP tix include a shuttle pass? I just happened to notice that it is included on the VIP Defender tix but wasn't sure if that applied to ALL VIP?

edited September 19
    Do VIP tix include a shuttle pass? I just happened to notice that it is included on the VIP Defender tix but wasn't sure if that applied to ALL VIP?

Says it does....
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
    I'm an idiot....I bought the shuttle pass as well

FAQS are right on Ohana site...
    FAQS are right on Ohana site...
    it had been so long since I bought tickets I didn't even think about it...when the shuttle passes went live I grabbed it. 

I guess I'll be selling it :)

• HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,123
    edited September 19
    I decided this morning that I’m going to the Sunday show. Will be my first time at Ohana since I got Covid a few days before the 2021 shows.

If I end up buying a ticket on the TM Exchange how does that work with wristbands? Also, no shuttle passes available…I’ll be renting a car driving up from San Diego airport….what do I do? 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I decided this morning that I’m going to the Sunday show. Will be my first time at Ohana since I got Covid a few days before the 2021 shows.

If I end up buying a ticket on the TM Exchange how does that work with wristbands? Also, no shuttle passes available…I’ll be renting a car driving up from San Diego airport….what do I do? 

1) remember that when you see the giant breasts along I-5, you're almost there (iykyk)

2) ask Gern or me for shuttle passes, since it looks like we both ordered passes, having forgotten that they were part of the VIP price.

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    I decided this morning that I’m going to the Sunday show. Will be my first time at Ohana since I got Covid a few days before the 2021 shows.

You go early and park where alot of us locals do... or buy shuttle pass from Gern Blanstein above? 
  • Does anyone know what the chances are of getting off the parking pass waitlist?

PS: If anyone here is selling their 3-day parking pass, I'm interested.
    edited September 21
    njhaley1 said:
    Is it impossible to get a sunday ticket?
    There will be resellers on site, I wouldn't stress.  People drop the last show on a 3-day pass all the time, and there will be people trolling the crowds after each show buying bands and then reselling them the next night.
    hmm... I imagine I will have to be open to go watch a movie on the sunday...

"The San Clemente trolley connects you to Dana Point, which then connects to the other OC beach towns. And there’s also a bike path that goes all the way to Dana Point. " So there is a bike path to the festival (dana point)... then I should be able to run/walk back on that path then... no running next to a SERIAL KILLER TRUCK DRIVER EVERYONE ELSE DRIVES SUVs highway
  • Air23Air23 Posts: 1,361
    tbergs said:
    njhaley1 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Iv'e been to everyone of them. Have driven and parked, then walked. Have camped my motor home in the campground a few times. Have stayed in hotels and the last couple Airbnb. All of them we walked. Everything is relatively close if you are able to walk a mile or so. I also know they have shuttles from some of the further away hotels. But its literally on the coast. So everything is right there. Don't feel intimidated if your from out of town. Its easy!!!
    Where's a good place to park?  I've been to Dana Point for Ohana (parked at high school and shuttled), and during the offseason, but am not certain what to expect with off-site parking and what might be available.  I'd prefer that, although the hill out is a bit of a climb!
    There's some neighborhood parking I've used all 4 years I've gone that's about 15 minutes away. Usually plenty of spaces. Be warned it's mostly uphill on the way out of the festival. 
    Any suggestion on neighborhoods good for parking?
  • Air23Air23 Posts: 1,361
    Have the wildfires been contained?
  • wwsuicidewwsuicide Posts: 1,362
    Any VIP holders book the Saturday surf lesson?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,946
    Air23 said:
    The nearest fire is about 30 miles away and is 62% contained. 

You go early and park where alot of us locals do... or buy shuttle pass from Gern Blanstein above? 
    I actually sold the pass but thanks. 

Just a bit ago I got an email that my parking pass went through. I had been waitlisted...so my VIP shuttle pass is once again useless but at least I'm covered. 

Air23 said:
    They were never near Dana Point
    edited September 24
    Air23 said:
    tbergs said:
    njhaley1 said:
    DEGBTI said:
    Iv'e been to everyone of them. Have driven and parked, then walked. Have camped my motor home in the campground a few times. Have stayed in hotels and the last couple Airbnb. All of them we walked. Everything is relatively close if you are able to walk a mile or so. I also know they have shuttles from some of the further away hotels. But its literally on the coast. So everything is right there. Don't feel intimidated if your from out of town. Its easy!!!
    Where's a good place to park?  I've been to Dana Point for Ohana (parked at high school and shuttled), and during the offseason, but am not certain what to expect with off-site parking and what might be available.  I'd prefer that, although the hill out is a bit of a climb!
    There's some neighborhood parking I've used all 4 years I've gone that's about 15 minutes away. Usually plenty of spaces. Be warned it's mostly uphill on the way out of the festival. 
    Any suggestion on neighborhods good for parking?

Depends on how early one shows up
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Is Long Beach (4th street) unsafe at night?
    edited September 22
    Is there any way to get a ticket to sunday? Or will I just have to go to the festival on sunday and hope there is a chance someone is standing there selling a ticket outside? Or is it a lost cause...
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599
    Is there any way to get a ticket to sunday? Or will I just have to go to the festival on sunday and hope there is a chance someone is standing there selling a ticket outside? Or is it a lost cause...
    Keep an eye out the nights before, you'll run into people asking to buy extra bands while you're walking in and leaving. Those are the people to ask. 

Otherwise, Resale options will surely open soon, keep an eye on the ticketing link @ ohanafest.com. Trouble there is getting tix in time before you leave. There might be options like an Amazon hub locker, maybe? 

I can't speak to the safety of LBC, but if you're thinking of walking any further than a couple of miles in the area, you'll probably have a bad time. Not for safety reasons (around Dana point, anyway), it's just not that walkable.