Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,168
    Thanks!

Pollstar Live!, the world’s largest gathering of live entertainment professionals, today announced a keynote discussion for Feb. 8 featuring Steve Ballmer, co-founder of Ballmer Group and Chairman of the LA Clippers, and Jeff Ament, bassist for the legendary rock band Pearl Jam. The two will participate in the “Music, Basketball & the Intuit Dome” keynote, which will cover Ballmer’s vision for live entertainment at Intuit Dome set to open later this year, Ament’s career as a member of Pearl Jam, one of the most successful global touring acts of the 21st century and their mutual admiration for basketball and music.

https://news.pollstar.com/2024/02/02/pollstar-live-2024-panel-preview-music-basketball-the-intuit-dome-featuring-steve-ballmer-with-jeff-ament/

Ament can certainly appreciate such amenities at a venue — not only as the bassist for one of the most successful global acts of the 21st century but as an avid basketball fan and former athlete. Prior to signing a record deal, Pearl Jam was originally called Mookie Blaylock, named after the then-New Jersey Nets point guard, and the band’s debut album, Ten, was a nod to Blaylock’s jersey number. Ament, a former jock and fan of the Seattle Supersonics (a franchise that relocated to Oklahoma City in 2008 and renamed the Thunder), not only wears his fandom on his sleeve but displayed it on his bass guitar with the names of NBA stars written on the instrument.

“I wanted to be inspired 100% of the time I was playing music,” Ament told ESPN’s Kenny Mayne in 2013. “And by putting the names of my most inspirational pro basketball players on the bass, at any given time if I felt like the mojo was slipping, I would look down at the bass and see Nate Archibald’s name and get fired up.”

With Ament’s fandom and Ballmer’s passion, there’s no doubt Pollstar Live! attendees will be just as fired up to hear about music and sports at the ultimate venue that will be Intuit Dome.

Once Pollstar Live! begins, we’ll update the hub with recaps of the panels.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,083
    Is that the microsoft guy
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Is that the microsoft guy

Yep. He was the chief executive officer of Microsoft from 2000 to 2014.

jewelboxplatinum

Excited to be at the pollstar conference and hearing Steve Ballmer owner of @laclippers (among many other things) and Jeff Ament of @pearljam speaking on music, touring, Ballmer’s vision for the Intuit Dome, the intersection of sports and entertainment, and their mutual love for basketball! . . #musicindustry #musicbiz #musicindustrynews #pollstar #musicconference #steveballmer #intuitdome #jeffament #pearljam

• eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 1,004
    Ticketmaster hovering over Jeff's head there!!! 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • TheMooksterTheMookster Posts: 100
    I guess the rumoured LA dates don't align but does this mean PJ shows at the Intuit Dome sometime soon?
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
    I guess the rumoured LA dates don't align but does this mean PJ shows at the Intuit Dome sometime soon?

Maybe not this year but next tour they probably will.