Options

What Do You Cook in Your Airfryer?

Just bought a Ninja.

What do you cook in yours?

Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,158
    Ours is a cheaper model I think, but all kinds of stuff. Salmon, pork tenderloin, bacon, potatoes, great for reheating pizza or fried chicken.

Last year, wife made killer wings!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    I cook fries, chicken wings, whole chickens, mozza stciks, chicken burgers, that all i got for the moment. But I know there's more
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,927
    edited January 18
    I have the Ninja flip one. It is awesome. I have made amazing wings, fries, roasted veggies (since it has a roast function), sweet potato fries, breaded chicken fingers, burgers, fish. You can really do a lot. There is a bunch of air fryer recipes online. I also use it to reheat leftover pizza. It crisps the crust right up. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,816
    Everything but here’s a few of my favorites 

roast beef (eye round)
    while roasted chicken
    baked potatoes 
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Everything! I can't believe I used to live without one of these things.  Getting some chicken nuggets cooked for the kids in like 7 mins is probably the best thing about it.  Leftover pizza and any sort of leftover fries/potatoes usually turn out great.  I've done chicken thighs a few times that have turned out nice a juicy/crispy.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    We mainly use it for frozen chicken fingers, fries, tots, etc for the kids.  It makes those 100x better than the oven and you get a nice crisp.

It is great for re-heating things like french fries and pizza.  
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    I haven't found the air fryer to be all that great...  I know it's me though.

It made perfect bacon but an absolute mess.

Have not tried cooking a whole chicken yet.

Looking for ideas.

Whomever cooks a steak in this is crazy.
  • Options
    I haven't found the air fryer to be all that great...  I know it's me though.

It made perfect bacon but an absolute mess.

Have not tried cooking a whole chicken yet.

Looking for ideas.

Whomever cooks a steak in this is crazy.
    Steak is one of the only things that is a no no. I’ve done sausage,hot dogs , meatballs, pork tenderloin, but the best is a whole roasted chicken. 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,180
    stuffed peppers
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    A chicken and stuffed peppers sounds good.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited January 18
    I LOVE my ninja. I pretty much only use it to cook meat so far. It does a better job than the oven or a pan in literally all cases. Crispy skin chicken thighs or pork chops are my fave, and what's really great is that it takes like half the time at most to cook meat with. Most perfectly cooked chicken and pork chops I have ever made actually. Also perfect for frozen chicken wings of course.
    I have the 10-in-1, but I still haven't used it for anything other than air frying. One of these days I need to branch out, and do some pressure cooking and slow cooking.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    We have one but hardly ever use it. Last time was to cook some frozen fries and that was at our last house. We moved to our current house March 2021.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Have not bought one yet. Tempted but we only eat Japanese food. No fries or nuggets in our house. Maybe tempura or katsu?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Use mine a couple times per week.  I have a Ninja where you can cook in two different zones with different temps and such, or one "mega zone" for larger items.  Last night I crisped up some left over potatoes on one side and had Brussel sprouts cooking on the other side.  Does a great job!  I have a two full size convection ovens in my kitchen and while they are great (esp around Thanksgiving!), the Airfryer is tough to beat for it's speed and how well it performs for smaller items.  
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 406
    Best way to reheat pizza I've found. Usually I use it for vegetables, wings, frozen foods,  I have a Ninja too, but I don't think I've really explored all it can do yet.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited January 19
    Oh, also the ninja makes perfect baked potatoes. So much better and faster than an oven.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DissidentRival74DissidentRival74 Six One Five Posts: 150
    99% of the time it's fries, nuggets, and/or tenders.  Mostly used for the kids.  Our daughter made us fried oreos with it during the holidays - those were pretty killer.
    "I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444
    PJ_Soul said:
    Oh, also the ninja makes perfect baked potatoes. So much better and faster than an oven.
    Do potatoes cook pretty evenly?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The best baked potatoes 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The best baked potatoes 
    Cool, thanks.  Do you cook any red meat in your air fryer?

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The best baked potatoes 

Roast beef (eye round) and meatballs before I put them in my sauce. Sausage as well. No burgers , no steaks. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The best baked potatoes 

Roast beef (eye round) and meatballs before I put them in my sauce. Sausage as well. No burgers , no steaks. 
    I tried cooking meatballs last night....came out a bit dry....guess there is a learning curve involved!
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The best baked potatoes 
    Agreed!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    The best baked potatoes 

I tried cooking meatballs last night....came out a bit dry....guess there is a learning curve involved!
    Yea definitely a learning curve.  Lower temp. Same with sausage.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    So you folks who say they wont cook a steak in an air fryer?
    Why not?
    Where does it turn south? 
    What goes wrong? 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Why not?
    What goes wrong? 
    For me it’s impossible to develop a beautiful seer with that nice medium center. I much prefer to just grill them. Same with burgers 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why not?
    What goes wrong? 
    For me it’s impossible to develop a beautiful seer with that nice medium center. I much prefer to just grill them. Same with burgers 
    I can do a very decent steak in my air fryer. But yes, much prefer the grill
    I stopped attempting burgers after the 2nd try. My burgers were a DISASTER. 

• Options
    I can take a nice piece of salmon, pour some liquid butter on it, cover it with dill, throw it in the air fryer....
    And 20 minutes later it is the prettiest piece of fish you have seen.
    And mouth watering. 

• Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,545
    roasted broccoli, homeade fries, breaded fish
  • Options
    I can take a nice piece of salmon, pour some liquid butter on it, cover it with dill, throw it in the air fryer....
    And 20 minutes later it is the prettiest piece of fish you have seen.
    And mouth watering. 

Yeah, I was pretty shocked at how good salmon turned out in the air fryer.  I would normally grill it, but I saw some Youtube video of someone cooking salmon in one.  Had to try it.  Salmon was good, but it kinda stunk up the house, so I'll prob stick to grilling it.