Options

flying V

rybesrybes Posts: 136
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm slowly starting to look around for any V shaped guitars, and since I'm just started to look around, I was hoping any of you would be able to give me suggestions, or different models to check out!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Sweet! Love Stones, that's a Gibson

Mike also has a nice one, it's an Ibanez:

http://www.giventowail.com/107/gear/guitars/images/guitars/ibanezv.jpg
  • Options
    My first and only guitar is an Epiphone Korina Flying V - the cheaper version for if you can't afford a Gibson. It's fun for a while but the novelty kinda wears off...wish I had a nice American Strat.
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
  • Options
    yeah this will be my second guitar, my first one was pretty cheap and a beginner, so im looking for any suggestions you guys/girls might have!
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The Korina V's are cool. Epi's will be in your price range.

Also Gibson makes a cheaper one now too I believe.

If you're into the wierder style. Jackson RR-1 Randy Rhodes is pretty cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I think their ugly. You also have to stand up to play them, or else you have to straddle the hell out of them. Get an RG!
    "Standing above the crowd,
    He had a voice so strong and loud and I
    Swallowed his facade cuz I'm so
    Eager to identify with
    Someone above the ground,
    Someone who seemed to feel the same,
    Someone prepared to lead the way, with
    Someone who would die for me."
    -TOOL
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I agree... V's are definitely stylish, and have really good tone, but they're hard to manage and have to be played standing with a strap. No stool-top noodling with a V. Explorers are a little better (my next guitar will likely be a '76 reissue) but SG's, DC's, and LP's are all much easier to play on and have very similar tone (the SG is probably the closest). If it's you're ultimate dream to own one, go for it, but it wouldn't be my first choice.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    V's kick ass! I'd say grab a Gibson 67 reissue if you have the means, otherwise, they make a "faded" V now that goes for about $600 in Musician's Friend, pretty affordable. You can find a good Epiphone 67 reissue for $350, might wanna change the stock pups though.
    To myself I surrender, to the one I'll never please.
  • Options
    wow! thanks for all the input! :D
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i got an epi '58 korina flying v (http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=31&CollectionID=3) for my birthday in july and i love that thing. it was my third guitar and i play it every day. it sounds great, even going through my crappy amp. i highly recommend it. oh and it isn't too danged expensive.