Options

Shutting down my on-line business for two weeks: One small way to help.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,759
The USPS (United States Postal Service) will be handling literally billions of pieces of mail through the holidays.  I have friends who work for the USPS and am friendly with many of our local postal employees.  The holiday crunch alone is going to add stress to those postal workers and, added to that, there are other factors involving the current changes going on in the USPS (no need to go into that here) that are adding stress for  them.

I got to thinking about all this, wishing there were some small way I could help.  Then it dawned on me (duh!) that there are a couple of things I can do.  One, of course, is to curb my mailing and on-line ordering until January.  That's easy.  There other thing I can do is to shut down my on-line book business until the end of the year.  That's a bit more uncomfortable because it means a little less income for me this month, but I can do this, and although doing it only helps the over-worked postal employees about a drop in the bucket.. or swimming pool... or maybe the ocean... what they heck, a drop is a drop.  It's a thing I can do.

I don't need any kudos for doing this.  All I want is to ask you good folks to be a little easy on our over-worked and stressed USPS people.  Even if you have issues with the USPS, please remember that most of the people who work for the Postal Service have little or no say on how things work there.  They're just folks, like you and I, try to get by.  Please cut them a little slack this holiday season.  Thanks!  :smile:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.